TForce | UPS Freight is going to be unionized so get over it.

Do like I am and I think most intelligent people here at UPSF wait and see how it all unfolds

What! Oh forget it.

Apostolic said:
UPS Freight had time to make a few wage,and benefit ajustments,but they failed to act on their workers requests,now they'er going to have to allow an outside organization to do our bidding.

But the Union is NOT an "outside organization". The Union is made up of the MEMBERS of the Union. The Union is only as good as what the members make of it.

Join the Union. Get involved. Go to the meetings. Vote in you Local elections. You are paying your dues for the representation - make that money count for something.

bamaboy said:
If I will only be 55 when I can retire, are you sure that I will not have to pay anything for my medical benefits in Cent States?

Can no one not answer my question? Is anyone checking?

bamaboy said:
[/COLOR]

Can no one not answer my question? Is anyone checking?
BB,
You will have to be 57 to be able to be eligible for Teamster healthcare. Retirees have always paid for insurance....you don't have to pay anything for it while you're working.

wassesname said:
BB sounds like you want sombody to do your work for you.
No... It just seems like folks here always have an answer. No need to look for water, if the well in the back yard.

bb... what terminal does he pull out of? thats not the guy with all the lights on his dash is it? have you told him about these boards? I bet you two guys have a lot in common.

woodnnn said:
NOT in our business. doing the same type of work we do.
That is correct. Maybe I'm old fashion, but I don't make the same as a lot of people, but I make more than a lot of people. I have to look at the type of job that I do. Don't think I want to have a doctor who makes the same amount of $ as me operating on my brain. And I don't want the pizza delivery guy driving 18 wheels down the road next to me...

wassesname said:
bb... what terminal does he pull out of? thats not the guy with all the lights on his dash is it? have you told him about these boards? I bet you two guys have a lot in common.
whats the deal with them lightsd anyway? Not to offend anyone, we call them *** lights up here in the NE. And fed ex drivers seem to always have them. JUst don't get it. Someone enlighten me.:watsup:

those of you that are on the fence need to realize if you do not have a card in than you can NOT complain about the contract that we ALL get. If you really want to make a difference get your card in so you WILL have a say in the contract we as a group Neg. Like it or not that is the facts. We do not have to have anymore cards signed we are there allready, what we want is more oppinions and ideas to make sure we will get a contract we ALL are very proud of.

UPSDock061 said:
those of you that are on the fence need to realize if you do not have a card in than you can NOT complain about the contract that we ALL get. If you really want to make a difference get your card in so you WILL have a say in the contract we as a group Neg. Like it or not that is the facts. We do not have to have anymore cards signed we are there allready, what we want is more oppinions and ideas to make sure we will get a contract we ALL are very proud of.

They call it negotiations. You get this, they get that. Nobody gets ALL that they want.

bamaboy said:
I have heard of non-union guys who have billions (Bill Gates). HA....
Funny, I didn't realize Bill Gates was a truck driver. Or maybe you are talking about a different Bill Gates. I have heard of plenty of nonunion billionaires and millionaires, but none that are truck drivers.

bamaboy said:
That is correct. Maybe I'm old fashion, but I don't make the same as a lot of people, but I make more than a lot of people. I have to look at the type of job that I do. Don't think I want to have a doctor who makes the same amount of $ as me operating on my brain. And I don't want the pizza delivery guy driving 18 wheels down the road next to me...
Does anybody on here understand the point bamaboy is trying to make here, because I can't for the life of me figure it out. I don't understand what brain surgeons and pizza delivery guys have to do with union/non-union truck drivers.

Near as I can make out he doesn't want a cheap doctor..

operating on his brain.
And he dosen't want someone that only has the mental abillity to deliver pizzas,to be a danger on our highways driving the big rigs.

But why not just wait for him to explan his own post?
The rest of us can only speculate whats in the minds of our fellow posters?
You asked if any of us had any ideas about his post?
So heres my idea.
what do you think?
This is the best I can come up with seeing I'm not a mind reader.

hobo said:
the only way the union gets in is is WE the drivers vote them in. we must insist on getting the same contract that ups package, feeders and mechanics get otherwise whats the point

I agree 100% If Indy falls for it,It does't mean the rest of us do. If they do get a contract I willing to bet UPS gives the rest of us something a little better. Time will tell. I don't want to trust my pension with the teamsters.