TForce | UPS Freight is going to be unionized so get over it.

This Teamster building supply road driver pays dues..

and gets good union paid miles,also health care but because he's an afilliated Teamster he doesn't get any union pension.
He's been driving for his company 12 years.

He told me he's bought houses,and paid off the mortgages,and made other investments that when he's ready to retire,with social security he'll also have $6000.00 a month from his investments,seeing he won't be receiving a union pension.

I'm sure he is leaving out a lot of his story?

I only had a short time to talk to him at a Home Dumpster Store loading dock.

He said he lived,and worked out of N.J.,with exclusive rights of his company only supplying Home Depots,and 84 lumber stores on the east coast.

I'd think he'd know after 12 years were he stood with his union afilliate,but he claimed he didn't know what it was all about.

Who knows?
Thats why I asked about it for myself of you truckingboard posters,just another union question.
Shifterknobs answers sounds good to me.

If this drivers set up to retire like he says he's no dummy.

concerned citizen said:
"...Shifterknob, first of all, let me thank you for helping educate the folks that post here. If we had more people like you we wouldn't have nearly as much misinformation and confusion floating around. That said, I need to correct you here because you have it slightly backwards. In right-to-work states you do not have to be a member of the union. you do not have to pay dues and they are still required to represent you in disciplanary and grievance meetings. If you are not a dues paying member though, you are NOT entitled to the union benefits, i.e. pension, insurance, etc.. So I would say the guy with no pension is from a right to work state and is not paying dues..."

Huh... interesting. I'm not in a RTW state, so how they handle things are different, I guess.

Are you sure about the union having to represent them for disciplinary and grievance issues, though? That sounds odd to me. Of course, it would be par for the course with the trend in labor laws..

yo johnny....

we got one of big O's former manchester nh managers out here in kansas city....

want me to find out why you love O so much????

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

shifterknob said:
Huh... interesting. I'm not in a RTW state, so how they handle things are different, I guess.

Are you sure about the union having to represent them for disciplinary and grievance issues, though? That sounds odd to me. Of course, it would be par for the course with the trend in labor laws..
ShifterKnob,
I may be wrong on this, but I'm basing what I'm saying on a buddy's experiences. He works for USPS(Postal Service), and they are all treated as if they worked in a right-to-work state regardless of what state they are in because they are ran by the federal government. He tells me that all their drivers have a choice whether they want to be in the union or not. If they choose not to, they don't pay dues, but the union still has to represent them. It could be different in each of the right-to-work states because of their individual laws, but I think we are both on the right track thinking he is from a right-to-work state.

hobo said:
we will get a UPS MFA , not quite as good as parcel but better than NMFA
Hobo,
Seeing as how the Teamsters are sending in their top UPS contract negotiator AND their top LTL freight contract negotiator from Washington, DC to negotiate this contract, I'd have to say you are right on the money. I think it is going to be an excellent contract that will please most if not all of us. Not only that, it will benefit the other LTL drivers the next time they negotiate their contract.

WMdriver said:
no link provided for material
So if you want Representation from anyone other than the Teamsters and provide a link it's automatically edited...Thats great there are plenty of Teamster links...........:shutup2: