TForce | UPS Freight is going to be unionized so get over it.

UPS FREIGHT is both an ltl company and a UPS company it can go either way or some where in the middle. where it falls nobody knows at this point

card check is for one terminal and one terminal only!!!! you heard it here first. that's the reason hoffa won't disclose all the details of the agreement.

there will be voting going on

Say Hobo.UPS bought the Fritz warehouse group..

about 5 years ago.
Now they are a warehouse division of UPS,called UPS supply chain.
To this day their a non-union division with very little change in wages,or benefits.

They are within the UPS brand yet they've stayed very much the same in everything,since they were bought from Fritz.

They were a warehouse before they joined the UPS brand of Companies,and will always remain a warehouse.

UPS Freight was Overnite Transportation an LTL,and Special Service Truckload company before the UPS purchase.

Just because we are rebranded with the UPS brand,the operation we are a division of will remain the same.
Yes we are a UPS Company,but we are still LTL,& Truckload,and will never be blended in with the package division.

Hope this helps you,in understanding what we've all been trying to share with you hobo?

6)Posts deemed to be just mean spirited posts or posts made just to antagonize others may be removed at the discretion of the site administration, the idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry.

:duh:
stldude44 said:
Hobo,
As many of us have pointed out, it's not very realistic to think you guys can walk in and end up with the Parcel Agreement. You actually are freight drivers and dockhands. Parcel and freight are in 2 different worlds. Parcel pays much better than freight to the Company. End of story.
UPSF was bought to bring a large UPS presence in the LTL freight sector, not to expand their the parcel sector. Are you sure that you're not just raising the bar of expectations so high that in your mind it can never be achieved? And what would be so terrible to be on par with Yellow, Roadway, ABF and Holland? I'm confused about this.
This isn't a confrontational post.....I just don't understand how come the NMFA is like poison to you, when it's an improvement in all aspects and a huge improvement in some matters.
One Company One Union One Contract.....Whats the big problem...We do not want to be second fiddle to our UPS brothers.................Anything else is bull****.NMFA is crap compared to the UPS contract.

Have you read either one of them JBG? I would suggest that you read both and then dress your snakes. Teamster251 posted a link to the UPS package contract and I'm sure that with your intellect you will remember that the link to the NMFA has been posted several times. Sorry I asked a question. I forgot you don't answer questions.

Johnnybegood said:
:duh: One Company One Union One Contract.....Whats the big problem...We do not want to be second fiddle to our UPS brothers.................Anything else is bull****.NMFA is crap compared to the UPS contract.
JBG,
Today you want the Teamsters in? We all know that general freight doesn't pay nearly as much as parcels. And the NMFA would be a good step up from where you're at now, wouldn't it? I'm glad you now want the Teamsters in though. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Heres another example of a UPS takeover.

Mail Boxes ETC was bought out by UPS.

This is a very well known packaging,faxing,and mailing store,with locations across the United States.

The only thing that changed with these package stores was their uniforms,the UPS brand on all their shipping boxes,and all their paperwork.

Now they are called The UPS package stores.

They deal with packaging,but the only thing they do with UPS is to have them pickup their packages ready to be shipped at the end of each day.

They are a non-union division of UPS.
They were before the purchase,about 5 years ago,and they remain non-union today.

Apostolic said:

This is a very well known packaging,faxing,and mailing store,with locations across the United States.

The only thing that changed with these package stores was their uniforms,the UPS brand on all their shipping boxes,and all their paperwork.

They deal with packaging,but the only thing they do with UPS is to have them pickup their packages ready to be shipped at the end of each day.

They were before the purchase,about 5 years ago,and they remain non-union today.

And they probably don't make half of what a UPS worker makes.

If I want a car I will go to the dealer,they won't come to me. If I want religion I will go to church, I don't need them beating on my door trying to convince me that their way is the best {only} way. I am sure there are some people out there that want to be represented by the teamsters, My opinion, If you wanted to work for a teamster company you should have found one that would hire you. We have 4 ex CF drivers at our terminal and if they are representatives of teamster labor then I don't want any part of it.And by the way UPGF {OVERNITE} is a very profitable co. Sure we have our problems but there is not a soul on this entire site that can tell me the teamsters solved all theirs.
AS FOR ME I WILL VOTE.....NOOO!!!!!

Apostolic said:

Apo these are franchised stores.
They are not a wholly owned and run company of UPS.

The orginal UPS stores were counters at the UPS buildings manned and still manned by Union workers.

UPS franchised out operating rights to various companies in strip malls, corner stores, and the such to add to customer convience of traveling to a UPS buildings.

Mail boxes Etc were franchised stores when UPS bought them company that franchised them. The orginal name slips my mind.

UPS stores are not run by UPS. They are franchised to us ethe logo and by supplies and rates from UPS, and UPS chain Supply. They are not obligated to share theie earnings with UPS only pay their franchise fees.
Most stores employee teens making minium wage.

All UPS run stores or counters are union

JohnnyBR,
Nobody has ever stated that the Teamsters have solved all of their work related problems. What they have done is hammered out literally thousands of Contracts in which the best protections and pay/benefits that could be achieved were. The Teamsters are people, just working people like everybody else. No person or group of people are perfect, so neither is the Temasters. Apparently you either aren't affected by the lack of paid delay time or you feel that it's ok to give the Company some freebies. I wonder if you worked at a factory if it'd be ok to work alot of hours per year for free? Alot of your co-workers are sick of it, so they want something in writing to rely on. Nothing wrong with that. Not everybody is as trusting as you seem to be.

Johnnybegood said:
like you said we are nothing compared to ups and do not deserve the same contract...Like you said who knows how the senority will work ...:duh:
In Post # 14 You say you 100% agree we deserve the parcel contract. But in this post you say we are nothing compared to ups parcel and do not deserve the same contract. Are you confused? Which side of the fence are you on?

the parcel contract does not have all of the language to protect a freight driver...any contract can be adapted by negiotation...do you want a ups parcel contract that does not protect you from being run around by sleeper teams? quit complaining and ask for what you want....this is your union and your company not overnite's.

As far as The UPS Stores,&The UPS suppy chain..

warehouse.
I was just try to point out that they are what they are.
Both are branded with UPS,yet both run independent of UPS's core business, package delivery,and pickups.

Heres what I wanted to get across.
UPS Freight is an LTL,Truckload company under the UPS brand yet operating independently from their package division.

If in fact we we'er to become organized,we would not be intitled to the package contract.

Any contract would be geared to the LTL,Truckload industry.

A few on these boards feel we should only receive the package contract.

But UPS Freight is just that (FREIGHT),not (PACKAGE.)

Get the picture?
I hope I've been able to put the notion of going for the package contract to rest.