TForce | UPS Freight News

falcon465

TB Lurker
Credits
Any new news going on with the upcoming rollout!!!!!! All news is hopefully good news. Let's keep everyone up to date.:)

If you go to the upsers.com website and sign in you can view the powerpoint presentation that we will be seeing the first of the week. It talks about new equipment, when everyone will be using the diad boards (blackberries), and all kind of legal stuff. Looks like we have a fun road ahead of us. Or at least interesting one ahead.....

Everything is on the upsers website. Nothing is said about the benefits other than they come out every year with the open enrollment packages. For some reason everything is being keep hush hush about the benefits. Don't know if that means that they are coming out or if it is bad news. Guess we will see!!

The bennies are suppose to have a lot of good stuff in them. One tid bit of info is that if you elect not to take the insurance package, you will be compensated for it. I think that anything is better than what we have now. It'll be interesting to see the options.

You know when I read about 168 new daycabs I started laughing. Because they haven't seen some of the junk that's in the city. You know that number is going to go up.

We were told that all of the Internationals were going to be retired and put into the city. Then the new volvo's would be shared road/city units. All of the older 17 and 18 series tractors will be phased out really soon. They won't be painted be UPS worthy...

falcon465 said:
We were told that all of the Internationals were going to be retired and put into the city. Then the new volvo's would be shared road/city units. All of the older 17 and 18 series tractors will be phased out really soon. They won't be painted be UPS worthy...
I'm a big guy-6'3",270. Those $htspreaders don't work for me. My knees hit the stirring column because I'm tall, I can't put the seat up all the way because I can't see out of the windshield properly and my head is almost to the roof. If I put the seat lower, my weight almost bounces me off the floor when I go over large bumps. Very uncomfortable. Made for a little guy. I did hear that in the future, UPSF will be buying city equipment. A friend of mine from ABF let me take his 2006 Freightshaker city tractor for a spin in a parking lot. More like a toy, but excellent visibilty and cab room, turned on a dime and easily read instrumentation. It would be perfect for my run with old mill yards and horse and buggy streets.

I agree with you. I'm about 6' myself and it's uncomfortable enough for me too. I drive a newer Volvo in the city and it's nice to be able to stretch out and move around. They have nice short turning too.....the only problem I have with them is the windows don't go all the way down.....but I've gotten used to it.

In all my 28 years driving every piece of crap from Ford C- series cabover (pumkins as we call them at Roadway) to Macks, Sterlings, Freightliners, Volvos, and Internationals, I think the Volvo is the best, most comfortable, easiest handling all around truck for city and road use. For strictly city use I can live with the little Freightliners also.

Animo916 said:
In all my 28 years driving every piece of crap from Ford C- series cabover (pumkins as we call them at Roadway) to Macks, Sterlings, Freightliners, Volvos, and Internationals, I think the Volvo is the best, most comfortable, easiest handling all around truck for city and road use. For strictly city use I can live with the little Freightliners also.

When I first started at CF we had cabover Volvo city trucks. They were the ugliest trucks I had ever seen but man were they a joy to drive.
Visibility was incredible because it was like you were in a fish bowl and they would turn on a dime.

The volvo's that are out now have plenty of visibility. I've also heard alot of good things about the Mack Vision. I haven't been in one but I've heard they have good turning radius and good visibility.

falcon465 said:
The volvo's that are out now have plenty of visibility. I've also heard alot of good things about the Mack Vision. I haven't been in one but I've heard they have good turning radius and good visibility.

I've driven the Mack Visions. They are ok but I have never really been a Mack fan. I'll take an International over a Mack any day.

I just don't like the ergonomics of the Macks