TForce | UPS Freight Teamsters Overwhelmingly Approve New National Contract

I dont drive I am on the dock so the over 73g doesnt help me....

If you're making less than 73k then 105 is a bonus until you get to 73. not to mention no more 30 year cap. Hourly guys did well on this. Five years from now we may have to get that 105 bumped up. Most everyone benefited from the pension language. I myself did not. I'm a 7 year road driver who now makes over 73 but my FAC fell short. So I will be one of the few who loses money in this deal. I'm not happy about it but my bigger fear is the LHD and whether or not we can trust UPS and our union.

Time for you to go find another job, take your "skills" elsewhere!!!

Hey Teamsta so your theory is we just swallow the crap ups and teamsters is feeding us? So if we believe we are getting screwed just take it instead of making the union do what we pay them to do? So as long as the other union carriers give back we just sit and drown too? Our pension figures are a rip off and our medical isnt any better but what the hell our hourly wage is higher so who cares. Then people wonder why wall street and walmart runs the world.

Hey Teamsta so your theory is we just swallow the crap ups and teamsters is feeding us? So if we believe we are getting screwed just take it instead of making the union do what we pay them to do? So as long as the other union carriers give back we just sit and drown too? Our pension figures are a rip off and our medical isnt any better but what the hell our hourly wage is higher so who cares. Then people wonder why wall street and walmart runs the world.

Free will my man , free will.

Not true, I have spoken with alot of members on the vote and many will say it is not a good contract but they just voted yes to protect theire pensions.

Really?
The majority of this company makes less than the required (FAC) 73,000 to keep their current pension. The only members that actually protected their current pension plan was a very small majority that had a (FAC) over 73,000 for five consecutive years of their last ten.

Can some please explain all the fuss about UPS Freight LHD, Classification changes and how it effects a future Road Driver for UPS Frieght ME <------- If I take the job. Thanks!!!!!

Theoretically it won't affect u at all there is suppose to be guarantees and wording to protect road drivers that being said upsf has a nack for just flat out violating the contract and getting away with it so toss a coin it is a 50/50 shot. You will be fine once you get seniority which all depends on what terminal you are going to apply to work out of

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That is how it was explained to me when I got hired on. I think they counted every trip card as a report at least that is what it seemed like here at HRS. Had my 45 reports in less then a month and a half and didn't work more then 5 days every week

I'm assuming road drivers work the dock, I don't mind just wondering how they pay for that? Do you get paid once you drop your trailers? How much is dock pay compared to driver pay?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Drivers are paid p&d wages for the dock and yes some runs work the dock. If your out of a hub though you probably won't see much of the dock because they just don't have as many mini hub runs as an EOL does. And you are suppose to go on the clock as soon as you arrive in dispatch of your destination. Only thing you would have to re swipe for would be to change which place got billed for your time but rate is all the same for drivers

I'm assuming road drivers work the dock, I don't mind just wondering how they pay for that? Do you get paid once you drop your trailers? How much is dock pay compared to driver pay?

It just a hair difference I never work the dock so I'm not sure the exact amount. But road driver gets .6727 a mile. Hourly paid for all work is $26.65

If you can work beside us doing the very same work at 43 cents a mile and $15.00 an hour and not be resentful you are a better man than I...

I'm not trying to discourage you from applying. I just want you to have a clear picture of this company...

You would think that with those wage differences they would of at least gave you better benefits. But it would be to embarrassing to get into that part...

It's higher then it was when I started. Lol starting was only .38/m but I'm on the 3 year progression not the 4 yr so there's the difference

Ok so according what I'm reading it's .4342, .4468@ seniority, .4720 12mths, .5049 24mths, .6058 36mths, .6601 top?