TForce | UPS Freight Teamsters Overwhelmingly Approve New National Contract

Ok so according what I'm reading it's .4342, .4468@ seniority, .4720 12mths, .5049 24mths, .6058 36mths, .6601 top?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I checking the contract now to see where you are getting this. What does it say about the hourly wages.

If this was correct none of us would have a problem. To be continued...

(f) Wages: LHDs shall be paid in accordance with the following:
Start Three Year
Single $0.42 $0.44
Sleeper (per driver) $0.2129 $0.2209
Triple $0.4257 $0.4474
Sleeper Triple (per driver) $0.2157 $0.2245
The compensation LHDs receive as a result of the application of the mileage rate to miles driven shall be the total compensation to which he is entitled for his road driving and all incidental duties (including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post-trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks, drops & hooks, fueling and pre-trip shop time). Except as otherwise specified in this 45
Agreement, time spent waiting for dispatch in excess of one (1) hour at a non-domiciled location, unless the run is a layover or doing any work not incidental to driving shall receive fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour.
(g) The Joint UPSF/IBT Competition Committee shall have the authority to review line haul runs that may be proposed by UPS Freight to create a two-way run. UPSF and the Union also agree to review and approve proposed runs that may be inclusive of runs currently being performed by vendors. In the event the parties do not agree, the runs shall not be implemented.

FedEx it is then. Lol

Glad I could help you out. I have no hidden agenda but to make sure you knew the truth about what you was getting into. We all have families to take care of. These poor saps will have to live on the road

to barely scrape a living. We get the better insurance plan A, LHD only get the B plan.

Are new hires and their families any less important?

Would I recommend this company to anyone. I don't have to give the answer do I...

I do hate to bite the hand that feeds me. But most all my years of service was with Overnite.

Good Luck to you and your family and God Bless...

You too and I appreciate it again, I'm blessed to have this time to find a good driving job.. No rush. So far I have offers from FedEx, UPS, Conway, Averitt, a few Truckload carriers where I'd become an owner operator.. So I'm just trying to make the most informed decision I can. I spent 8 yrs with SEFL. So after that experience I'm ready for a new one.

You too and I appreciate it again, I'm blessed to have this time to find a good driving job.. No rush. So far I have offers from FedEx, UPS, Conway, Averitt, a few Truckload carriers where I'd become an owner operator.. So I'm just trying to make the most informed decision I can. I spent 8 yrs with SEFL. So after that experience I'm ready for a new one.

That is a good position to be in. I hear there is quite a demand for drivers right now. I also hear FedEx is not to far behind us. The way the use contractors and rail at the expense of their drivers. But I don't believe they created a new classification of drivers with less pay and benefits. Only UPS and the teamsters could do a deed like that...

Yea FedEx pays by far better than anyone else, starting out and top pay. Lots of opportunities to make a good living. Weekend work options at other terminals.

With that low pay,They're not gonna get any drivers with LTL experience.

Probably their plan from the beginning. There was no changes in the use of contract carriers. They can't get drivers they just continue to use contractors like they have done for the last five years.

This contract was a great victory for UPS in many ways. It's kind of like the government.

Give they some food stamps and help them with their rent and cell phone act like their getting free medical and we can get anything passed.

They gave just what they had to, to get this contract passed. Mainly because most of the drivers that are close to retirement it didn't hurt.

Now those that have years left are going to be faced with short runs and working the dock.

It just a hair difference I never work the dock so I'm not sure the exact amount. But road driver gets .6727 a mile. Hourly paid for all work is $26.65

If you can work beside us doing the very same work at 43 cents a mile and $15.00 an hour and not be resentful you are a better man than I...

I'm not trying to discourage you from applying. I just want you to have a clear picture of this company...

You would think that with those wage differences they would of at least gave you better benefits. But it would be to embarrassing to get into that part...

I'm not able to work the dock so
I could be wrong but 26.65 for ALL work? I thought drivers who work the dock get paid commiserate to the work performed. So wouldn't it be .50 less. Or have they changed that?

No they are paid p&d rate for all work performed other then driving. This is because anybody that jockeys or drives gets paid a bonus rate for it even when working the dock in a none driving job. Should say that in the pay article I forget which one that is off hand. I can look it up if you need me to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea FedEx pays by far better than anyone else, starting out and top pay. Lots of opportunities to make a good living. Weekend work options at other terminals.

Do not confuse UPS LHD Driver pay and benefits with UPS Freight Road Driver Pay and benefits. The UPS Freight Road drivers & Local Drivers are the highest paid in the industry, Higher pay than any other LTL company out there with full benefits package and company paid Pension. You can read our contract regarding pay & benefits as it is public information.

Do not confuse UPS LHD Driver pay and benefits with UPS Freight Road Driver Pay and benefits. The UPS Freight Road drivers & Local Drivers are the highest paid in the industry, Higher pay than any other LTL company out there with full benefits package and company paid Pension. You can read our contract regarding pay & benefits as it is public information.

http://biggeekdad.com/2009/10/stand-by-me/

That's why I get sick to my stomach to see some of these little whiny lazy drivers that cry and moan and groan about being over worked or forced to actually work. We are in the Obama times, which is the sign of times. It's only going to get worse. We have little boys now days.

Not real men like we use to have. It's a whole new world out there today. I don't know maybe that new pay scale just might be justice. I know it would fit a lot of drivers we have now days other companies to it's not just us. That being said I know there are a lot of real men and professionals out there to.

I don't know why I got off on this tangent but after seeing the FedEx crash and all the hurting families out there now. We all need to somehow bond together and care for each other and most of all help each other. Not always try to tear one another down. This is an important job we do for the country and a dangerous job. Our wages should be going up with appreciation not down...

God Bless the FedEx driver and his family and all that were involved in that terrible crash...

Last edited by a moderator:
No they are paid p&d rate for all work performed other then driving. This is because anybody that jockeys or drives gets paid a bonus rate for it even when working the dock in a none driving job. Should say that in the pay article I forget which one that is off hand. I can look it up if you need me to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No need to look up, I believe you

There is so much work for road drivers now, its great, now if you like to run hard and stay out, and also run the weekend, the extra board is the place to be. I aint lying when i say this ,ive gotten no less then 3000 miles a week for the past 6 weeks. But like skeeter said, alot of cry babys now a days, and most dont want to work. There are a handfull around my neck of the woods, that if they have to work more then 3-4 trips a week, or god forbid have to lay over somewhere, they cry and cry until they get their way. There are millions of underpaid truckers out on the road that would love to make our wages... SO QUIT CRYIN N GRAB A GEAR!!!!!!