TForce | UPS Freight Teamsters Overwhelmingly Approve New National Contract

Senior cry babies have screwed us up here at HRS refusing to run long and complaining if their schedule is extended in any way from what the bid says. All they continue to do is screw it up for the junior guys just trying to keep their head a float until they can get top rate. I hope I never get that way when I'm a senior guy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Senior cry babies have screwed us up here at HRS refusing to run long and complaining if their schedule is extended in any way from what the bid says. All they continue to do is screw it up for the junior guys just trying to keep their head a float until they can get top rate. I hope I never get that way when I'm a senior guy.

I am surprised to hear that as most senior drivers are very well accustomed to running long. There was a time that all of our runs were long. I ran a three trip long lay over schedule for 13 years back in the day. Turn schedules were few and far in between and just plain not that common. Night liner/dock bids/mini hub runs were unheard of. Just keep doing what your doing. For as long as I can remember, the drivers that are willing to run any where and don't complain about their dispatches have always got the miles as dispatch always liked this mentality. Soon all of us senior drivers will be gone. And by the way, I loved running long and dislike the turn schedules but do not expect to much change as far as getting back the long schedules, unfortunately turn schedules and mini hub runs are the way of the future in the LTL industry.

HRS drivers were spoiled they think central owes them something. I'm not sure but I can tell you this much the only long runs we have go to Canada. And the longest turn run is 281 one way. They were running the WFD guy via NBR which ends up doing 300 up and back but he cried like a baby and ended up getting central to move that work to WFD. Now if we go to NBR to WFD and back to NBR we have to take hours in NBR whether we have time to make it all the way back or not.

You won't chances are they have always been that way...

HRS drivers were spoiled they think central owes them something. I'm not sure but I can tell you this much the only long runs we have go to Canada. And the longest turn run is 281 one way. They were running the WFD guy via NBR which ends up doing 300 up and back but he cried like a baby and ended up getting central to move that work to WFD. Now if we go to NBR to WFD and back to NBR we have to take hours in NBR whether we have time to make it all the way back or not.

I have seen this happen at many terminals big and small.

281 is good enough for this old guy... :woohoo1: