TForce | UPS Freight Truckload

I've been with the company for 7 years running dedicated runs. Think what you want, I can't spill all of the beans, But you are really getting invalid info. Just wait till truckload finishes doing what its doing. You freight guys will be jumping like spawning trout for a transfer to truckload.
They told us we had to wait to go over to freight, but nobody wanted to go.
No hard feelings, but being non-union has worked out very well for me.

Hey Brother, You've got me mixed up with someone else. I also work for truckload. I dont work on the ltl side. I'm just going by what I heard in orientation. That it took a year to get on a dedicated run. And that most of the teams are on dedicated runs. I perfectly happy with where I am. I was making more money when I was with Jevic. But guess what? I'm not making a penny at Jevic anymore.

look i have know opinion on this just going by what the ssd drivers would say, if your happy where your at thats fine, i'm very happy being and ltl driver and being in the union

39 cent a mile that kind of pay is in the past.
you mention all the other competitor"s show
one of them that pay 39 a mile.........

DONTNO leave them guy"s alone when freight gets slow
you will be sitting home and truckload will be hauling
the freight.............

Donto you are right. tl is the old special service division. They haven’t received a raise in 5years. I worked for them 10 years ago, when it was decent. Can you consider working for less with no representation? tl is not stable. I still talk with a few ssd employees... yuk!

I get a raise every 6 months, make 60k+.
I laugh every time some driver tries to throw the union propaganda out there. What a hoot. I call my manager on his cell phone when payroll is messed up and it gets fixed.Why the hell would I pay some union 60 dollars a month to do the same things I can do for myself for free? Every time you file a grievance it costs the company money. Money = raises and benefits. Your "total compensation package" is basically the same between union and non. Do you think the company really pays more for your labor because you are in a union? The money comes from somewhere else like benefits or you end up driving junk while I drive a brand new unit. You claim T/L is not stable; do you think the company is more willing to lose money because YOU have representation? Don't drink the kool-aid. the union is there to protect you from bad management, and that's about it. The rest is a smoke screen. If I make less, it is because of the type of market we each work in. it has nothing to do with union or not.
Go get sum book-learnin and you will see that companies do not keep their doors open because they are afraid of the union. Remember CF? CNF got out of babysitting unions and concentrated on Con-Way. The union bankrupted CF.
No disrespect to you, but realize what it is all about. This isn't F.I.S.T.- that was 60 years ago. :popcorn:

Hey Brother, You've got me mixed up with someone else. I also work for truckload. I dont work on the ltl side. I'm just going by what I heard in orientation. That it took a year to get on a dedicated run. And that most of the teams are on dedicated runs. I perfectly happy with where I am. I was making more money when I was with Jevic. But guess what? I'm not making a penny at Jevic anymore.

Sorry, my mix up.:1036316054:

DONTNO leave them guy"s alone when freight gets slow
you will be sitting home and truckload will be hauling
the freight.............

Actually, no. We haul out of Cartage, not Freight. Cartage is only local air freight, and do not go out of town. I would be pissed myself if they took work from you to give to me. I may not like unions, but I'm not a backstabbing ****.

I laugh every time some driver tries to throw the union propaganda out there. What a hoot. I call my manager on his cell phone when payroll is messed up and it gets fixed.Why the hell would I pay some union 60 dollars a month to do the same things I can do for myself for free? Every time you file a grievance it costs the company money. Money = raises and benefits. Your "total compensation package" is basically the same between union and non. Do you think the company really pays more for your labor because you are in a union? The money comes from somewhere else like benefits or you end up driving junk while I drive a brand new unit. You claim T/L is not stable; do you think the company is more willing to lose money because YOU have representation? Don't drink the kool-aid. the union is there to protect you from bad management, and that's about it. The rest is a smoke screen. If I make less, it is because of the type of market we each work in. it has nothing to do with union or not.
Go get sum book-learnin and you will see that companies do not keep their doors open because they are afraid of the union. Remember CF? CNF got out of babysitting unions and concentrated on Con-Way. The union bankrupted CF.
No disrespect to you, but realize what it is all about. This isn't F.I.S.T.- that was 60 years ago. :popcorn:

Theres a old saying that says it don't take much to satify an idiot.

I use to think the same things, but you do realize your about to lose your job and there going to give it to us at ups freight becuase of the union don't you.

I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to be doing if I were to work for truckload? It doesn't sound like anyone really works there? My main questions are pay, benefits, hometime and whether you are stuck at truckload if the opportunity arises to go to another division?

Well I ran into a truckload driver. He told me they pay .39cpm to start. You can earn up to .42cpm. He didn't know what their benefits consist of or what they cost. Are they the same as UPS freight? Does anyone know what you can expect for miles or hometime? This driver seemed like he was one of the worst working for them. He was one of those you could smell a mile away since he never bathed.

Well I ran into a truckload driver. He told me they pay .39cpm to start. You can earn up to .42cpm. He didn't know what their benefits consist of or what they cost. Are they the same as UPS freight? Does anyone know what you can expect for miles or hometime? This driver seemed like he was one of the worst working for them. He was one of those you could smell a mile away since he never bathed.

He didn't know what the benefits consist of? That is a red flag. How could he not have some idea? Deep dark secret? Let's see, $60,000 per year (according to duped) @ 42 cents per mile. (Being generous about this) That's 145,000 miles of wheel time per year. They probably get little or no pay per stop. Or for anything but holding the wheel. Doesn't sound like that good of a deal to me. But that's just me. I am sure Duped would tell you it's great because, hey he saves $60 per month on dues. For that same 145,000 miles our milage alone would be approx. $87,000. Plus waiting time, D&H, fueling, break down pay. Being a nonunion truck driver might not be all some make it out to be.

Worst job I ever had. benny's are good. $67 and change per week for family plan. Plans differ a little in different parts of the country. .39 to start raise every 6 months out 10 to 14 days before being home for 2 or 3 days get paid for miles only no pay for fueling drops hooks etc drop pay only for more than one stop $12 per stop they will only reinburse you for 2 showers per week now. told to shower at terminals. most terminals do not have showers or if they do i would'nt let my dog shower in it. you can run anywhere from 1500 to 3400 miles per week and you could sit for hours or days waitnig on a load with no pay. you get $70.00 for a layover which is 24 hours straight with no movement, if it is 23.75 hours you get nada. hope this helps you CAN'T WAIT TO GET ANOTHER JOB

thats why these companies cant keep employee"s. 39cent a mile with 3400 miles
addes up to 1326.00 take out for your food all week and taxes and having to pay
say for 3 showers a week. so now you stayed gone from the family all week for
about 800.00 bring home.not including if they have you sitting waiting on a load.

Worst job I ever had. benny's are good. $67 and change per week for family plan. Plans differ a little in different parts of the country. .39 to start raise every 6 months out 10 to 14 days before being home for 2 or 3 days get paid for miles only no pay for fueling drops hooks etc drop pay only for more than one stop $12 per stop they will only reinburse you for 2 showers per week now. told to shower at terminals. most terminals do not have showers or if they do i would'nt let my dog shower in it. you can run anywhere from 1500 to 3400 miles per week and you could sit for hours or days waitnig on a load with no pay. you get $70.00 for a layover which is 24 hours straight with no movement, if it is 23.75 hours you get nada. hope this helps you CAN'T WAIT TO GET ANOTHER JOB

how long u been working their