TForce | UPS Freight Truckload

Things were 100% better when we were overnite..dedicated runs,home during the week and off on the weekends,2500-3800 miles per week..sometimes up to 4000..if everything you done was drop and hook..ALL LEGAL..But when Big Brown took over,alot of drivers baled for greener pastures at Walmart..Drivers are usually out 2-3 weeks..You have to put in for home time with your DM,if not they assume you wanna stay out and they will never even send you close to the house for a stop by..There are regular customers but cheap broker freight is also being run..just like every other company,you get new customers and you lose those same customers because of under bidding or screw ups..That my .02 and I'm back quiet.. :shift: :popcorn:

[quote author=Hosslove link=topic=43153.msg817234#msg817234 date=1269796236]
Theres that word again (WERE). :chairshot:
[/quote] :nono: :duel:

[quote author=Overnite link=topic=43153.msg800866#msg800866 date=1265835735]
I get a raise every 6 months, make 60k+.
I laugh every time some driver tries to throw the union propaganda out there. What a hoot. I call my manager on his cell phone when payroll is messed up and it gets fixed.Why the hell would I pay some union 60 dollars a month to do the same things I can do for myself for free? Every time you file a grievance it costs the company money. Money = raises and benefits. Your "total compensation package" is basically the same between union and non. Do you think the company really pays more for your labor because you are in a union? The money comes from somewhere else like benefits or you end up driving junk while I drive a brand new unit. You claim T/L is not stable; do you think the company is more willing to lose money because YOU have representation? Don't drink the kool-aid. the union is there to protect you from bad management, and that's about it. The rest is a smoke screen. If I make less, it is because of the type of market we each work in. it has nothing to do with union or not.
Go get sum book-learnin and you will see that companies do not keep their doors open because they are afraid of the union. Remember CF? CNF got out of babysitting unions and concentrated on Con-Way. The union bankrupted CF.
No disrespect to you, but realize what it is all about. This isn't F.I.S.T.- that was 60 years ago. :popcorn:

I use to think the same things, but you do realize your about to lose your job and there going to give it to us at ups freight becuase of the union don't you.
[/quote]

[quote author=bobmanco link=topic=43153.msg818735#msg818735 date=1270253776]
[quote author=Overnite link=topic=43153.msg800866#msg800866 date=1265835735]
I get a raise every 6 months, make 60k+.
I laugh every time some driver tries to throw the union propaganda out there. What a hoot. I call my manager on his cell phone when payroll is messed up and it gets fixed.Why the hell would I pay some union 60 dollars a month to do the same things I can do for myself for free? Every time you file a grievance it costs the company money. Money = raises and benefits. Your "total compensation package" is basically the same between union and non. Do you think the company really pays more for your labor because you are in a union? The money comes from somewhere else like benefits or you end up driving junk while I drive a brand new unit. You claim T/L is not stable; do you think the company is more willing to lose money because YOU have representation? Don't drink the kool-aid. the union is there to protect you from bad management, and that's about it. The rest is a smoke screen. If I make less, it is because of the type of market we each work in. it has nothing to do with union or not.
Go get sum book-learnin and you will see that companies do not keep their doors open because they are afraid of the union. Remember CF? CNF got out of babysitting unions and concentrated on Con-Way. The union bankrupted CF.
No disrespect to you, but realize what it is all about. This isn't F.I.S.T.- that was 60 years ago. :popcorn:

I use to think the same things, but you do realize your about to lose your job and there going to give it to us at ups freight becuase of the union don't you.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Why would you think you would get dedicated scheduled truckload runs because you are union. Due to the scope of the business the WDS,DCC and truckload division (All the same now ) is non union