TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

CFer said:
Skeeter, first off. Every pension plan whether it's a union plan or a corporate plan has vesting requirements. This has nothing to do with anyone trying to screw someone else. It's simply the way EVERY pension plan works

Secondly, If I understand you correctly, you're saying that a large majority of UPSF employees are within 5 years of retiring? If thats the case your company is gonne be in big trouble having nobody to drive the trucks due to so many people retiring and a lack of qualified drivers.

Based on your knowledge of the company Skeeter, What do you consider a "large majority"?

Come on Skeeter, I thought you were better than this

At least fifteen...:smillie_flag:

wassesname said:
skeeter ... I thought you quit these boards again... but anyway 15 what

What's the matter wishful thinking there. I will probably slow down a lot because of people like you. However, I'll hang around till at least Indy contract is settled.
Then you will get your wish.:smillie_flag:

I dont make wishes, only positive actions get things done. If I influenced you to quit posting here again, good, I do delieve in hope and I hope it doesnt take to long at Indy.I am not suprised that you didnt answer 15 what. I think you could provide a service to these boards the day you stop posting clutter.

wassesname said:
I dont make wishes, only positive actions get things done. If I influenced you to quit posting here again, good, I do delieve in hope and I hope it doesnt take to long at Indy.I am not suprised that you didnt answer 15 what. I think you could provide a service to these boards the day you stop posting clutter.

LOL! Don't worry pal you couldn't influence me to stop posting got to be a moderator. Keep your noise clean you might make it.

It is more than fifteen but by reading the thread if you can't figure that out then I not going to waste my time.:smillie_flag:

Cfer asked what you consiter a large majority...you answer 15. I ask a simple question, 15 what (twice) never got an answer. 15%, 1500, 15 people, 15 terms 15 states 15 of your friends, what

I hope all people who are still undecided are paying close attention to this. Ask a union guy a question and you get a answer. You might have a simple question and feel confident comeing here for an accurate answer. Who has time for unintelegent grade-school behaveior like the above post?

wassesname said:
I hope all people who are still undecided are paying close attention to this. Ask a union guy a question and you get a answer. You might have a simple question and feel confident comeing here for an accurate answer. Who has time for unintelegent grade-school behaveior like the above post?

It is only because of you that bring the worse out in me. I do hate it when I drop to that level.

But sense we are talking about grade school behavior. Let me correct your spelling.

Comeing is spelled: COMING

unintelegent is spelled: UNENTELEGENT

behaveior is spelled: BEHAVIOR

Ok school is out.:USA:

Skeeter said:
It is only because of you that bring the worse out in me. I do hate it when I drop to that level.

But sense we are talking about grade school behavior. Let me correct your spelling.

Comeing is spelled: COMING

unintelegent is spelled: UNENTELEGENT

behaveior is spelled: BEHAVIOR

Ok school is out.:USA:

Skeeter, If your going to criticize a man for incorrect spelling...the least you could do is get them all right yourself....LOL.

unintelligent(spelled correctly)......I'll even use it in a sentence......

People who use improper grammar while trying to correct someone else's spelling appear to be unintelligent.
:Duel:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Skeeter, If your going to criticize a man for incorrect spelling...the least you could do is get them all right yourself....LOL.

People who use improper grammar while trying to correct someone else's spelling appear to be unintelligent.

:poster_oops: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

hillbilly frog said:
Ya'll quit pickin' on Skeeter right now!:paperbag1: :nono: :silenced:

I guess it is okay for guys to jab at each other.....until I enter the conversation.

Skeet and wassesname have been going back and forth...and the second I step in...(and am correct)...the Mods come running.

I wasn't trying to start a fight....just pointing out that it is improper to correct someone's spelling when you can't spell...or speak properly yourself.

I don't care how anyone spells on here....but don't try to correct someone...and get it wrong.

glad ... im sure frog inclued me when he said ya'll. we should not have got silly like that, sorry. I will ask my question again at a later date.

I guess it is okay for guys to jab at each other.....until I enter the conversation.

Skeet and wassesname have been going back and forth...and the second I step in...(and am correct)...the Mods come running.

I wasn't trying to start a fight....just pointing out that it is improper to correct someone's spelling when you can't spell...or speak properly yourself.

I don't care how anyone spells on here....but don't try to correct someone...and get it wrong.

UPSF Glad, HBF was just kidding when he said that.

You said nothing wrong in your original post and I agree with you 100%

I can care less about a man spelling. He was being a butt and I was giving it back. Plain and simple. But thanks for your two cents worth.:horse: :smillie_flag:

Mike01 said:
UPS pilots are with the IPA. And I believe a few of the mechanics are with the Machinists Union.

But you are right Accelerator. The majority of UPS employees are Teamster.

And why would the so called Union of the Association of PARCEL Workers of America want anything to do with a freight company??

Nothing more than to make a name for themselves. My opinion. And thanx for the correction with the pilot's and limited mechanics.

Skeeter said:
They also don't have the corrupt track record of the teamsters...:smillie_flag:

I have alway's lived by the cliche', take the good with the bad, The track record's
1. teamster's . a proven one
2. may not be good one but better than nothing ( APWA).
3. If the company does go union, I would rather have some union with experience, than some union just looking to add stripes with no leverage to thier shoulder's.
4. with no leverage, comes irresposibility. If you go into a coartroom because you are being sued, Do you go unprepared?.
5. What is the proven track record of the APWA. NONE!!!!!
6. I would consider a move as such irresponsible on our part considering we are looking for our best interest's.

And as I have described in the paragragh you quoted, There is no record!!!!.

A bunch of irresponsible people looking to gain leverage against a company and a union they despised!!!!! This is the entity I want to represent me. Without Doubt!!!!! Better off skydiving without a parachute.

Skeeter said:
What's the matter wishful thinking there. I will probably slow down a lot because of people like you. However, I'll hang around till at least Indy contract is settled.
Then you will get your wish.:smillie_flag:

Hey I am like wassesname, If you hate us why are you here?