TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

Apostolic said:
If its true that theres a driver shortage then why is everyone of us UPS Freight haulers worried about the main United Parcel package people giving us to boot out the door?
Last year I remember my TM say one of the reasons they bought Overnite was because they had very good workers.

Now we all know good drivers are a rare find.
Anyone can turn a wheel,and most can shift the gears,but very few can do it safely,and for the most part be company minded.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

it baffles me that even UPS is looking for drivers. they try to stay away from making anyone a full-time driver. i was making a delivery there recently and their supervisor asked me if i liked my job and would i consider becoming a package driver. i told him no thanks. he then proceeded to tell me that that they need drivers in the worst way. i was shocked.

BusterNite said:
Did you miss my point too? What part of GET REAL!!! do people not understand?

I think you all are missing the point. UPS didn't buy Overnite to threaten the Parcel workers. Come on guys get real.

Have you checked out FedEx freight and the size of them now. Not to mention them just buying Watkins.

That is what its all about. You parcel drivers need to chill we don't want or need you.

We are LTL! :duh:

UnionTrucka said:
it baffles me that even UPS is looking for drivers. they try to stay away from making anyone a full-time driver. i was making a delivery there recently and their supervisor asked me if i liked my job and would i consider becoming a package driver. i told him no thanks. he then proceeded to tell me that that they need drivers in the worst way. i was shocked.
If I could get a full time job at ups, I'd jump ship in a heart beat.

serta said:
If I could get a full time job at ups, I'd jump ship in a heart beat.

Yep Yep!!!!!! Cut to the chase and watch all the fun the freight guys are having from the safety of your package car or feeder wagon.

Theres no way I'd want to run a package truck.
10 to 14 stops a day on my route is as much as I can handel.
I talk to regular UPS package guys doing 100 stops plus their not allowed to take any time off around holidays.

No thanks I'm happier at UPS Freight.
I have a life out side of trucking.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Bring In The Horse

mud-flap said:
yeah here is the thing,,,, at my terminal ,,to bring cards to sign my managment will fire me ,, many dock workers are on final warning and when they see a teamster card they will RUN.. no,, i do not see this happening managment has used stong arm tactics and used FEAR on the dock ,, the TM's mid - day rants and other managment strong arming dock workers in his office ,,so many write-ups the hate between dock and managment you can feel it.
Mud-flap,

The harassment and strong-arm tactics that you are describing are a violation of labor laws. You and any other workers that are interested in joining the Teamsters should go to your local hall and sign your cards. That way you are already being represented and if you continue to be harassed or are fired, the union can file a labor lawsuit on your behalf. While you are at the hall, ask the BA for a copy of the flyer "35 Things your Employer Cannot Do". It's a real eye-opener.

I vote "NO"

ahhh crap this isn't a vote early and vote often pole is it?
O'well maybe it will even it up.. beings that half of the yes votes are from non UPGF employees.

Ya know I hate to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but there is a union at UPS for a reason. I worked there before. If they start to run UPS freight the same way they run the big one then I would also vote yes if I worked with you. We owe the union more then you think. If the union goes away, Do you think UPS or Fedex is going to give us a good raise, well a raise we think is good, NO!! I want more out of my company in the long run but if we had to vote I would vote Yes. Think about it, You will benefit from a union. The union is for the working guy. No way other way to say it. The company will tell you all kinds of stuff to keep the union out. At fedex freight if we even mention it the big wig lawyers are in the house. I'de wanna protect my job and that is what they are there for. Sorry to barge into your forum.

Your welcome most anywhere on these boards fedex

If you aren't sure of where you can post a message Jeff is the one you need to contact.

This may just be my opinion but trucking companies need drivers or they wouldn't be able to call themselves trucking companies.
How much freight would they be able to haul with just managers sitting around in offices?

My point being good drivers cost money.
Even without unions LTL trucking with both long haul,linehaul,and city operations have to pay good money to meet their needs in this area of their business.

Hence the old saying you get what you pay for.

If you don't pay good you get unsafe,and slower paced employees.

Good pay brings better attitude people to preform better,and want to see their company succeed for their long term employment

fedexfreight02 said:
Ya know I hate to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but there is a union at UPS for a reason. I worked there before. If they start to run UPS freight the same way they run the big one then I would also vote yes if I worked with you. We owe the union more then you think. If the union goes away, Do you think UPS or Fedex is going to give us a good raise, well a raise we think is good, NO!! I want more out of my company in the long run but if we had to vote I would vote Yes. Think about it, You will benefit from a union. The union is for the working guy. No way other way to say it. The company will tell you all kinds of stuff to keep the union out. At fedex freight if we even mention it the big wig lawyers are in the house. I'de wanna protect my job and that is what they are there for. Sorry to barge into your forum.
As far as I'm concerned your welcome to post here,I post in different forums as long as its done respectfully its fine. I personally agree with what you say if it wasn't for the union these companys would pay the same across the board.

Silverhawk1 said:
I vote "NO"

ahhh crap this isn't a vote early and vote often pole is it?
O'well maybe it will even it up.. beings that half of the yes votes are from non UPGF employees.

LOL! You hit that nail on the head! :smilie_132:

fedexfreight02 said:

You bring up some good points. All the more reason you FedEx drivers should fight for the union yourselves. If you truly want it to stay strong.

I'll tell you what when I see FedEx fighting to be union them maybe I'll join in over here.