TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

wassesname said:
first these boards then your jobs.

LOL! I don't think these boards are that powerful. Entertaining Yes...

But you're right it does help get information out there. But one has to be careful and verify everything. Because people have their on agenda and opinions.

Thats good thinking Skeeter,we've got to take it or leave it.

We are seeing how we non-union types are so dumb because we can't get it through our thick heads how grand our lives would be if we would only get with the program,and organize.

Well heres a thought,if you think we'er getting all this good advice about joining the Teamsters?
Why not scroll around to the Yellow,UPS,and other union company messages and see what other I.B.T.members are posting about their union companies.
How they are taking very good care of them,or not?

Some of these posters may just stick to their own companies boards,and are reporting a different story than the union posters on our board.

Just a thought a click of the mouse will allow you to see many other ideas.

vote

i say yes, after 16 years, having the same management. not changing or going by our rules, favoritism is bad, there are so many things they preach but don't stick to it. i think alot of us are tired of this, its not about the simple little .50 cents we get a year anymore. it's a new company, with new goals, and i feel our management now cannot handle thier expectations. when everyone gets the bills in the mail for medical, maybe they will get it. i still can't understand the vision of better benifits and etc. when we only had 15,000 employees with a copay and 100% coverage after copay, now we are, i guess, with 100,000 employees, and insurance isn't as good, back to what we had 16 years ago. so i say yes, better working conditions, rules followed, any contract. alot of the ups drivers i have talked with said we need to look into representation, they would't be there if they did not have it. makes ya wonder huh?

Apostolic said:
We are seeing how we non-union types are so dumb because we can't get it through our thick heads how grand our lives would be if we would only get with the program,and organize.

Well heres a thought,if you think we'er getting all this good advice about joining the Teamsters?
Why not scroll around to the Yellow,UPS,and other union company messages and see what other I.B.T.members are posting about their union companies.

Some of these posters may just stick to their own companies boards,and are reporting a different story than the union posters on our board.

Just a thought a click of the mouse will allow you to see many other ideas.

No doubt you are 100% right...

Apostolic said:
Listen, there is gonna be issue's arise that displease some members. It is not a perfect world nor a perfect Union. But I say I'm a lot better off with this inperfect union than without. I like having a "voice", a "vote", a "contract" and a guranteed raise an 8 hour day. Also, as you may notice, some people will always point out the negatives in life rather than the positive's. Just like with CS. Folks are up in arms becuase thay cant retire at 50 without penalties?!? Would they rather the problem be ignored and the plan go belly up, or work a lil longer and collect one day? Not to mention rising healthcare cost are eating up a lot of our contribution's. Also, we have a lotta good things in our contract, but I'll admit there are changes I too feel need to be made. We, as members, can seek for improvements each contract, where as yall have to take what ever they wanna give or take away. I dont consider anyone of yall as dumb....well, maby skeeter(just kiddin'), just feel it would be beneficial to you(UPSF) and us(UPS), if yall were to go Union. And if it means getting on here every day, for it to sway just one person, to point that out, I will. Just dont take it as me calling yall dumb. I wont do that unless yall vote to stay non-union(wink):biglaugh:

Fedex

Skeeter said:
You bring up some good points. All the more reason you FedEx drivers should fight for the union yourselves. If you truly want it to stay strong.

I'll tell you what when I see FedEx fighting to be union them maybe I'll join in over here.

Skeeter,
Actually the drivers at FedEx Freight have been trying to organize. The biggest obstacle they have had though, is that FedEx got them in under the railroad act so that they have to unionize company-wide instead of terminal by terminal like UPS freight is being allowed to do. So can I get that yes vote from you now?

no fxf drivers own their own trucks. We are all company drivers.

Union would be a great idea but they will close our barn if we try it. We have barns close enough together to pu the slack. One day, maybe soon we will prevail.

wassesname said:
at least they have a contract, good for them.

Well a lease. Don't think that is quite the same kind of deal. They are definitely not union boys and girls. Just own there own tractors or drive for someone else that owns them.

wassesname said:
how would you like to have to do that to remain competive or to be able to do your job

Very little overhead. Owner eats the maintence,fuel and whatever else comes along. Just trailers,buildings, dock and mngment. Pretty good gig for the company.

mud-flap said:
I vote union YES I believed in my company the last time teamsters came to my terminal and I even flew to other terminals to cross teamster lines in KAN,MEM,MIN and APP. all for my company ,,the company that turned on all of us the day after the teamsters left. then it realy started in the past few months. I vote yes( OVNT ) UPS freight managment will only get worse,, our TM even blamed us dock workers for the drop in freight. sooo we have about 350 dock workers so send me some cards ...
mud-flap,
Although I'm pleased that you voted yes, I urge you and everyone else not to vote based on the past. Please vote based on the present and future benefits that will be available to you based on your decision

:Sign-Cow: :Sign-Cow: :Sign-Cow:
mud-flap said:
I vote union YES I believed in my company the last time teamsters came to my terminal and I even flew to other terminals to cross teamster lines in KAN,MEM,MIN and APP. all for my company ,,the company that turned on all of us the day after the teamsters left. then it realy started in the past few months. I vote yes( OVNT ) UPS freight managment will only get worse,, our TM even blamed us dock workers for the drop in freight. sooo we have about 350 dock workers so send me some cards ...

Apostolic said:
"...We are seeing how we non-union types are so dumb because we can't get it through our thick heads how grand our lives would be if we would only get with the program,and organize.

Just a thought a click of the mouse will allow you to see many other ideas..."

No one has ever tried to say that a union solves every problem. I've even seen a few cases where they made it worse. But in general and in most cases, they solve way more problems than being without a union. That's from a guy who's been on both sides of the aisle.

We all have issues with our respective companies that are not dealt with in a labor agreement, or under federal or state law. Sometimes it's just sheer stupidity on the part of management and how they choose to run their respective businesses that get's us so darned frustrated. There isn't a contract out there that can keep an employer from running a company into the ground if they so choose. Consolidated Freightways is a perfect example of that concept.

On the other hand, many of the problems that employees of other companies that are non-union are having are not a problem because of our contracts.

Oh, and by the way? Just because you have a contract doesn't mean the employer doesn't try to violate it ten ways to Tuesday every time you turn around. That's why we have grievance procedures to resolve these problems. And no... the employee doesn't always win. But a lot of the time they do, especially where the contractual language is clear and well-defined.

Not to mention... truck drivers gripe. Union drivers, Non-union drivers. It's universal. It's the nature of the beast, you might say.

No one is saying you are thick-headed. But there have been instances where facts have been ignored, and it's only pure emotions driving the debate, or even worse, misinformation.

We wouldn't be trying so hard to convince you all if we didn't love you... (smooching noises commence):rolleyes1: