FedEx Freight | UPS Freight warns shippers to brace for possible freight strike

tread

TB Lurker
Credits
A busy November for FXF coming?

RfmESXT.jpg

why would truck drivers think they have any value? right red
It was explained to us once that FXExpress represented the oversized deep fried turkey that sat in the middle of the Thanksgiving dinner table, FXGround represented the stuffing, dressing, and all of the fixings surrounding the turkey, and FXFreight was that small dish of cranberry sauce that sat on the corner of the table....in UPS’s world, Parcel represents the whole Thanksgiving dinner table while UPSFreight is nothing more than the condiments that sit over on the counter!!

There’s a reason UPS made UPSF a final offer contract this quickly....just sayin’

Last edited:
It was explained to us once that FXExpress represented the oversized deep fried turkey that sat in the middle of the Thanksgiving dinner table, FXGround represented the stuffing, dressing, and all of the fixings surrounding the turkey, and FXFreight was that small dish of cranberry sauce that sat on the corner of the table....in UPS’s world, Parcel represents the whole Thanksgiving dinner table while UPSFreight is nothing more than the condiments that sit over on the counter!!

There’s a reason UPS made UPSF a final offer contract this quickly....just sayin’

Well, this much we all know, and if they were taking bets in Vegas, I’d lay down all my available cash.
The contract will be overwhelmingly accepted to the relief of guys who just want to work and the other guys will realize solidarity among men no longer exist much to the deterrent of the whole group

The only valid case this makes is the fact that the Company may be more willing to sacrifice earnings (and customer blow back) from that smaller "piece of pie", than from the larger (package side) one.

Well, this much we all know, and if they were taking bets in Vegas, I’d lay down all my available cash.
The contract will be overwhelmingly accepted to the relief of guys who just want to work and the other guys will realize solidarity among men no longer exist much to the deterrent of the whole group
Agreed, which takes me back to my original post...”they’d be fools to vote for a strike” (or to not accept the contract).

BUT, the qualifications/expectations for both is the same... Same pool of drivers should equal same value/cost. Size of op-co makes no difference. NOT a valid argument...
I agree with your post, Swamp, except for the last sentence. Because you know yourself, many LTL companies pay drivers in cities like Chicago, or New York more than ones 150 miles from there out in the rural areas. They use the cost of living crap as an excuse for doing it. I say it is 2 things. Helps keep the union threat at bay, and when there are few jobs of this type available in rural areas, they can really be choosy with hiring, and hourly pay,but yes, the same qualifications, and expectations are the same....

Sorry, I wrote this while I was napping in the truck. I meant “detriment”