FedEx Freight | UPS Freight warns shippers to brace for possible freight strike

Apparently he isn't old enough to remember NAFTA. That's what killed jobs.

"Locked with out a wage you're standin' in the drop zone
The clockers born, starin' at an empty plate
Momma's torn hands, cover her sunken face
We hungry but them belly full
The structure is set you never change it with a ballot pull
In the ruins there's a network for the toxic rock
School yard to precinct, suburb to project block
Bosses broke south for new flesh and a factory floor
The remains left chained to the powder war"

Tommy used to work on the docks, Union went on strike, he’s down on his luck, so tough, so tough. Tommy’s got his six-string in hock, so tough, so tough. Bon Jovi

I have a feeling with the driver shortage eventually they will have to deregulate the industry to keep drivers or pay people alot more to get new blood in the industry that will put up with all the regulations.

Not to mention the new equipment with all the safety bells and whistles. Shaking my head yesterday when i was driving a brand new peterbilt where it reads the speed limit sign. I entered the interstate and it was still showing 30 mph sigh with red icon above it. Its getting stupid. This thing even blares a sound at you when it thinks your in violation of supposed speed limit. Also i guess it turns the radio off when you go in reverse lmao. Is that really necessary?

I’m lost here, maybe you can clarify...

Was the teamster official not addressing the union members?? In this case, he would be speaking on behalf of the company in relaying what transpired during negotiations. Surely a “company official” would not address the union, that’s the union official’s job.

Duh...because the “most significant leverage” has already ratified their contract, they’re no longer in play. The plan was for both to vote NO but the lack of participation from parcel left freight holding the bag...kinda like that big tsunami did to CLT during our campaign!!

Agreed, the union is only as strong as its members and their elected leaders...and this is also why I’m not a fan of unions. Most members want to control their respective companies but yet they can’t even exercise the simplest of duties which is casting a vote!!
There are more part-time employees than full-time at UPS. Alot of the part-time employees did not vote, so thats the main reason.