TForce | UPS HAS PLAYED THIS MASTERFULLY...

Upsfreight question this guy or gal called Reasonable.. is this management trying to persuade voting never heard of them till now
perhaps he was like the 313 guest that are watching TBF now. yesterday he became a member. because he felt compelled to voice his opinion.

Are you a teamster or what? You should only vote yes if you believe it's a fair contract period! Not out of fear or intimidation. Funny how 62% voted it down and the company offered nothing of any real change and now that people are scared it's a yes vote.
Actually I belong to three unions with over thirty-five years so this ain’t my first rodeo and we never had to actually strike in the other two due to stellar leadership that always got the job done.
Where is our teamsters leadership in all this brother? Nothing but CRICKETS! RUDDERLESS!
A few guys screaming vote no leading the charge when our teamsters leaders say nothing. If this along with UPS actions isn’t enough for you to realize we are loaded in the cannon, then the yes votes will save jobs from your destructive ways and than you can show real balls by quitting rather than work under this terrible contract/company. Now that would truly show me a person of conviction, but lemme guess...not one of you will, even with jobs aplenty. Nope you will work under the contract bitching about people who voted yes and being miserable. So please don’t try to question my union loyalty, ask the leadership you pay dues to.

Last edited:
I think UPS just laid out the blueprint for future potential work stoppages or strikes...Good luck gentlemen.

Nah... We need too take what we learned from this situation and come next contract and stay 5 step ahead of them... We would have a better leg to stand on if the Union was proactive enough.... they sat back and let Ups make all the game changing move.

I think UPS just laid out the blueprint for future potential work stoppages or strikes...Good luck gentlemen.
Each unionized industry is different. How would this ‘blueprint’ you speak of transpire in say...an airline pilots union? Answer: it would work, only it’d be the PILOTS pulling the rug out from under managements ass. With no pilots, those planes aren’t flying. Period. That creates customer dissatisfaction, with stranded customers not likely to fly again on that airline. UPS better hope this little stunt of cleaning out the system and not picking up any freight after Wednesday doesn’t backfire. Pissed off customers are unlikely to return. In that event, UPS won’t have to ‘close the doors’...the doors will close themselves.

Each unionized industry is different. How would this ‘blueprint’ you speak of transpire in say...an airline pilots union? Answer: it would work, only it’d be the PILOTS pulling the rug out from under managements ass. With no pilots, those planes aren’t flying. Period. That creates customer dissatisfaction, with stranded customers not likely to fly again on that airline. UPS better hope this little stunt of cleaning out the system and not picking up any freight after Wednesday doesn’t backfire. Pissed off customers are unlikely to return. In that event, UPS won’t have to ‘close the doors’...the doors will close themselves.
Might be part of the plan! Many layoffs has already taken place. Some will not be getting those jobs back.

UPS better hope this little stunt of cleaning out the system and not picking up any freight after Wednesday doesn’t backfire. Pissed off customers are unlikely to return. In that event, UPS won’t have to ‘close the doors’...the doors will close themselves.
Then who in the end are the real losers in this. UPS or the drivers? UPS loses some profit and takes a stock hit, but hey it's Xmas time. As for the driver all those other LTL carries will be looking for new drivers to start at the bottom.

, Because we get great medical coverage, and a pension and guaranteed raises over the life of the contract, vacation pay and holiday pay also,
Contractors only get a salary, and there won't be any freight for them to haul. So what good is promised raises when the doors are closed?
If all you care about is money, maybe you should become a contractor? Of course you won't get any vacation, no pension, no medical coverage, and no paid holidays.
So tell me again??? Who said the doors are closing???

Sounds to me like UPSF might be looking to break the Union.
Several years ago I heard a conference call, when our SCM said he would have trouble with the Union if he did what they said, the V P on the other end told him, and I quote, "Don't you worry about the fffin' union, we own that fffin' union". Appears to be true....

You would think that the union would be out in the media talking about UPS Freight’s record profits, the tax cut gift that UPS is receiving from Congress and why they decided to basically shut things down before we even voted.

You would think that the union would be out in the media talking about UPS Freight’s record profits, the tax cut gift that UPS is receiving from Congress and why they decided to basically shut things down before we even voted.

You think they would, but Hoffa is in on it with UPS. And you want to vote no and put your life in his hands on the strike line when he set this whole thing up himself.

But I think your true intention is you just want to hurt people because you're jealous. You're jealous because you're too old to ever move up the long seniority roster in Harrisburgs road board.

You think they would, but Hoffa is in on it with UPS. And you want to vote no and put your life in his hands on the strike line when he set this whole thing up himself.

But I think your true intention is you just want to hurt people because you're jealous. You're jealous because you're too old to ever move up the long seniority roster in Harrisburgs road board.
If this is voted down as expected, UPS Freight and the union will reopen negotiations and resolve this contract quickly. They’ve already told customers and sub-contractors to hold tight.