TForce | UPS Hauling the mail!

Come on Skeeter you know we on the east coast fly now..

we don't use airplans,we use our tractor trailers.

greezy trucker said:
But FedEx has a 7.2 billion dollar contract with the post office....We got a ways to go....

7.2 billion? Here is a copy and paste from the last paragraph of the link....

"If UPS is successful, it could be in a strong position to compete for some or all of the postal business now handled by FedEx Corp. (FDX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) when that $1.3 billion annual contract comes up for renewal in 2007, the newspaper said"

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

"If UPS is successful, it could be in a strong position to compete for some or all of the postal business now handled by FedEx Corp. (FDX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) when that $1.3 billion annual contract comes up for renewal in 2007, the newspaper said"
I stand correted...Thanks....Still got a ways to go though...What we will have a tenth of what they do....And mail...What a crazy business we all work in....

greezy trucker said:
I stand correted...Thanks....Still got a ways to go though...What we will have a tenth of what they do....And mail...What a crazy business we all work in....

a tenth is a good start.
Hopefully in 07 we will get it all.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

Isn't USPS union?

nightprowler said:
Yeah , I guess they'll also be closing their doors because they're union . :duh:

Being a goverment entity,and the fact that the only compition(as far as mail)they have is e-mail....that will never happen.

I know,they are trying to compete with packages..but they have a monopoly on letters..since they charge a fee for a letter on the outside of a box shipped through any other carrier.

The whole reason all of the package companies are here..

the United States Postal Service was so under par with damages,lose,and service.
All the other package companies were able to get most of the package deliveries away from them.

If they want UPS to handle their mail hauling,will it be the package,and feeder drivers,or us UPS Freight haulers,or a blend of both divisions?

Just one more note.
This may,or may not sound funny,but if the U.S.Post Office wants UPS for their new hauler they better raise the price of their stamps again.

What do you think about that?

Looks like the Mail gig goes to the package division.

We don't do the small stuff.

We'er the heavy freight division of UPS.

We get to do all the bull work.
They max out at 150 lbs.

We however have no max.

Guess thats why we've got to wear steel toed shoes,and they don't.

I'm sure 150 lbs can hurt,but just think, our freight can really do a number on our feet without proper protection.