Holland | UPS Package is hiring

What did you think 10 years ago, that holland was going to be able to keep competing against companies with lower costs? It doesnt work that way.
Whaaaaaaat? Do you mean that other freight carriers don't have to pay their parent company $800,000.00 per month for administration fees like Holland does to YRCW?

I've had a 401k for about 25 years, but my pension WAS part of my retirement plans.......which has been completely flipped on it's head now.

Just another kick in the gonads by the Teamsters and their pension fund.

I've had a 401k for about 25 years, but my pension WAS part of my retirement plans.......which has been completely flipped on it's head now.

Just another kick in the gonads by the Teamsters and their pension fund.

When I make a local delivery om my going home day I always go to the same store. The older man standing at the door saying " welcome to Wal Mart " is a brother Teamster. He drove for American before Smiths Transfer bought his company. Ten years ago, he took the job to get out of the house and away from the wife a couple of days a week. Five years ago, his wife passed and he was working to get out and not to be alone. Now the cuts will keep him working at 79. Hoffa couldn't carry this man's lunch box.! Orphan my......, this man earned his pension.! I go out of my way to enter the store and talk with him, you still see the pride in this man's eyes when we are talking.!

Flash, I know the upside down feeling all to well...but this house of cards will fall it is only a matter of time. I am one of the lucky ones I guess, six years from retirement and nothing will change for me. But it took some major adjusting to make it happen.!

Trust me Bro, I've made some major "adjustments" lately. Luckily I'm young enough to recover and protect my retirement days. But it really pisses me off to see how some who have already retired, based on a specific dollar amount, getting short changed. That's b.s.!

Trust me Bro, I've made some major "adjustments" lately. Luckily I'm young enough to recover and protect my retirement days. But it really pisses me off to see how some who have already retired, based on a specific dollar amount, getting short changed. That's b.s.!
I started over with a blank piece of paper five years ago. Glad I did, every time I got a letter in the mail it was simply bad news. I made my adjustments five years ago and basic idea that if or when they pad lock the gate I wouldn't get hurt. Now I am in that position.!

Lmfao. No I spent 18+ years at Holland until a bunch of scared bitches kept voting yes on concessions. You people talk about stand up and fight but you continually vote for Hoffa and yes to concessions. Hopefully UPS never ask for concessions and if they do I'll vote no over and over until something better comes along until then I'll collect my full pension and full pay, while you guys all talk about how things USED to be. As I've stated in previous post I hope best for Holland guys there good ppl there but for the yes men you can all kiss my brown pimpn ass.lol
Look at what ups did to our insurance were making billions and they put us back on central states health care

Several drivers have left us in the last couple of weeks for feeder jobs at UPS. They all completed there training and started their
Probation. Now they've been issued a go to the hub or volunteer layoff until business picks up. That means hub pay also. Tough situation they have been put into.
Probation period stops until they get back into truck.

Several drivers have left us in the last couple of weeks for feeder jobs at UPS. They all completed there training and started their
Probation. Now they've been issued a go to the hub or volunteer layoff until business picks up. That means hub pay also. Tough situation they have been put into.

Griz could you explain a little more. I'm not familiar with hub pay and forced to work at a hub or take a layoff?

I heard a bunch of ME driver went over there for greener pastures. That's a tough situation there. What do they do while at hub?

I heard a bunch of ME driver went over there for greener pastures. That's a tough situation there. What do they do while at hub?
At CO they are still hiring not one missed going straight to the driving. Every location probably a little different in one way or another.

Feeder drivers slinging packages? Sorry, but I have to call b.s. Trust me, I know their system all too well. So the chances of that being accurate is almost zero. I'm betting that someone is giving out some real bad information.

Feeder drivers slinging packages? Sorry, but I have to call b.s. Trust me, I know their system all too well. So the chances of that being accurate is almost zero. I'm betting that someone is giving out some real bad information.

LOL! Feeder drivers slinging packages! Now thats a good one......Every driver we have in Hodgkins is working 5+ days a week.....down to the very bottom. Can't speak for the other terminals though....

My resume' shows that I know a little bit more about their system than the average poster. And Feeder Drivers slinging packages is highly unlikely. Trust me.

Feeder drivers don't touch anything. Just drop and hook. Run linehaul meet and turn. A little birdie told me that a 600 mile run base pay 5 nights a week 135k a year. .77cpm for triples. Even the hostlers are close to 100k a year. My friend makes 80k 40-45hrs a week as a van package non cdl driver.