Yellow | Ups passes contract YRC your next..

They are just going to extend it again for another 5 years with a $1000 sign on bonus and 50cent a yr raises pension and 15% not coming back.

YRC could not afford to stop pick ups.

There would not be a reason to vote. Co would be already closed week before.

Actually not sure how they will survive into 2019 with these recent slow weeks.

If it's that slow why are they moving work from YRC to the Regionals ? Saying they don't have the manpower to move it. And why are regionals sending tons of P&D work to cartage every day?

It's not as slow as they would like people to think it is.
I think potential drivers have been avoiding YRC.

OD, FXF, and others reporting overstaffed, folks on call!

Look they manipulate everything else what's any different?Combine that with the lack of leadership and competent supers.Whats new

YRC could not afford to stop pick ups.

There would not be a reason to vote. Co would be already closed week before.

Actually not sure how they will survive into 2019 with these recent slow weeks.

Think smart. It's not slow. It's set up for April! "Forced to turn away profitable business!"

Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW, +1.60% plummeted 25% in afternoon trade, to pace the Nasdaq exchange's decliners, after the trucking company reported a bid third-quarter earnings miss, even though revenue top expectations. Net income was $15.1 million, or 9 cents a share, compared with $5.5 million, or 9 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. According to FactSet, adjusted earnings per share of 15 cents missed the average analyst estimate of 57 cents. Revenue rose to $1.30 billion from $1.25 billion, topping the FactSet consensus of $1.29 billion. The company explained in the post-earnings conference call that it was forced to turn away profitable business, given one of the most competitive driver hiring environments and fleet maintenance issues. The company also said it had to make unfavorable adjustments on third-party claims, and costs for third-party customer specific logistics increased.

So whats UPS going to haul now that they said NO to shipper's and no freight in system ??

So whats UPS going to haul now that they said NO to shipper's and no freight in system ??
Customers have contracts and rates in place.
Easier to keep UPSF than getting new contracts which take time anyways. Plus being desperate.

I think most of the large accounts are back. Maybe some small transactional shippers realized better pricing elsewhere like with brokerd who shop all the carriers.
Seems like they will be back in biz quickly.

Large shippers want convenience so they are happy resuming tendering to UPSF regardless of what happened last week.

4.2billion in revenue a year for all of yrcw companies not too shabby.number 3 in the ltl market in revenue.Again not too shabby

But how much did they spend to make those numbers? You guys seem to forget that when your "buddy" is stabbing freight all day with lift truck forks and your other "buddy" is milking 2-3 hours a day on his route, that costs money, customers and time. Not labeling everyone, but there is a significant portion of the workforce at YRC that is cutting your throat on a daily basis whether you believe it or not. Money doesn't grow on trees and too many guys are looking out for #1 while they **** on the blood, sweat and tears of the previous generations of drivers that helped build what is left. I've seen it with my own eyes, guys know what they can get away with and take every advantage to do so.....would a real MAN do the same? I think not.

Oh, I look out for number one- ME - that’s for sure. It doesn’t mean I’m screwing them, but I’m certainly not going to beat myself up or break my body down for this company. I have to save myself so I can make it until 65. And believe me, I see the foreman and what they do. 75% of them don’t give a f**k and spend a good portion of their day goofing off on their phones. The way I see it is they’re setting the example....