Yellow | "UPS PENSION SCAM" -AMBUSH-!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Check out this interesting "opinion piece" posted on social media by the Director of the Michigan Southwest Committee to Protect Pensions!

M1J9mDi.jpg

6e91coM.jpg

15FyBMV.jpg

9LsRImo.jpg

XgSAhzk.jpg

LlBffa9.jpg

:hissyfit:

Until we get a matching 401-K ,that ONLY YOU control , we are screwed .......................................................................just remember back when Hoffa let UPS out of the CSPF and then the sheep voted him back in again ??????????????????, r.i.p. 2019........................

Well Wong the only Way you are going to get a matching 401k is if Hoffa "lets YRC out of the pension fund" , I'm sure he would like to kick you out of the fund, but YRC can't afford your 15% much less the withdraw penalty. Just remember the Roadway sheep didn't have the balls to stand up to management when Roadway created the RPS "private contractor model" bunch of kitty's if you ask me!!! The orphans paid into the pension fund, they claim they are entitled to no cut's, that's fine. Why does it matter that UPS teamsters voted to leave the pension fund? they seem to be doing quite well financially. Which brings me up to my point. Part of the agreement with UPS in 2007 was they would not leave any other Teamster pension fund for 10 years. UPS pays into 20 Teamster pension funds, considering what has happened in the last few years. With a new contract coming up in 2018. Do you think maybe all UPS Teamsters might want to vote themselves out of Teamster pension funds?!?!?!?!

Well Wong the only Way you are going to get a matching 401k is if Hoffa "lets YRC out of the pension fund" , I'm sure he would like to kick you out of the fund, but YRC can't afford your 15% much less the withdraw penalty. Just remember the Roadway sheep didn't have the balls to stand up to management when Roadway created the RPS "private contractor model" bunch of :censored:'s if you ask me!!! The orphans paid into the pension fund, they claim they are entitled to no cut's, that's fine. Why does it matter that UPS teamsters voted to leave the pension fund? they seem to be doing quite well financially. Which brings me up to my point. Part of the agreement with UPS in 2007 was they would not leave any other Teamster pension fund for 10 years. UPS pays into 20 Teamster pension funds, considering what has happened in the last few years. With a new contract coming up in 2018. Do you think maybe all UPS Teamsters might want to vote themselves out of Teamster pension funds?!?!?!?!
Yes. some good points Bubba , but still anytime you have the union or somebody else controlling your retirement investments its not a good idea and plus just think of the amount you would have in a 401-K if they would have put all that money into your PRIVATE 401-K that ONLY you control and YES everybody is entitled to there own opinion on this very very touchy subject , but still bottom line is that all the driver's that worked all these years should be able to get whats coming to them right ? But it is nice that Hoffa & his buddies are still all getting a full pension !!

Well Wong the only Way you are going to get a matching 401k is if Hoffa "lets YRC out of the pension fund" , I'm sure he would like to kick you out of the fund, but YRC can't afford your 15% much less the withdraw penalty. Just remember the Roadway sheep didn't have the balls to stand up to management when Roadway created the RPS "private contractor model" bunch of :censored:'s if you ask me!!! The orphans paid into the pension fund, they claim they are entitled to no cut's, that's fine. Why does it matter that UPS teamsters voted to leave the pension fund? they seem to be doing quite well financially. Which brings me up to my point. Part of the agreement with UPS in 2007 was they would not leave any other Teamster pension fund for 10 years. UPS pays into 20 Teamster pension funds, considering what has happened in the last few years. With a new contract coming up in 2018. Do you think maybe all UPS Teamsters might want to vote themselves out of Teamster pension funds?!?!?!?!
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/roadway-express-inc-history/

Twisted, that article is proof that Roadway teamsters allowed Roadway to build a non-union monster, that would devour teamster companies. Ron Carey lied to UPS employees, telling them UPS wanted to steal their pension. When in fact CSPF had become a "ZOMBIE FUND" which no new employer would want to be part of ( per NUCPP, BOB, MIKE, SHERM's pension expert in testimony to congress) FED EX flush with cash after UPS strike purchased CALIBER taking teamster market share since. If Ron Carey would have told teamsters in the 90's their pension fund was a ZOMBIE fund, instead of being a Politician and lying. Maybe just maybe adjustments could have been made that would have prevented the current situation. Just kidding Teamsters members would never vote for anybody that didn't promise them the moon!!!!!!

Way back when the NMFA was put to paper a single union plan was a good idea, think of all the mergers, bankruptcies, and changes since the plan started back then there were no IRA's and every company would have had a different plan. Those that worked for 5 years here and 5 years there would not have vested and been in the same or worse shape.

A Response From TDU to MSWCPP Director's Opinion Piece...

A response to John Wilkinson
Please read the post TDU put up on our website in response to the recent Central States meeting. I especially ask you to review the last paragraph.
http://www.tdu.org/uniting_ the_movement_to_save_our_ pensions
Many active and retired members of TDU have been core activists for the campaign to oppose pension cuts. From the outset, TDU has been about building grassroots solidarity to save our promised pensions. It's true that TDU has been in an electoral coalition - Teamsters Untied - with Fred Zuckerman and othe officers and Teamster members who have challenged the direction of our union on a range of issues. However, TDU is not synonymous with Fred Zuckerman. He has his perspectives, including on pensions, and we have ours. I will say that he has been far more consistent and involved on the pension issue than hundreds of other Teamster officers.
In our movement to defend pensions, we have had differences along the way. Many have stood with Hoffa and Murphy, for photo ops and otherwise. Many have given local officers a pass when it comes to a lack of visible and active support for our cause. We have agreed to disagree as we've built a big tent with the overriding goal of saving our pensions.
TDU continues to stand behind the fight for no cuts. Our best bet for winning that is the continued growth and activity of the grassroots campaign. That means continuing to build the solidarity and action we need to protect our retirement security. That means getting legislation passed that protects all of our futures. I look forward to assessing proposed legislation and finding our path to victory. Together we have made a huge difference. In solidarity, we will continue to do the same.
:bananapartyhat:

Twisted, that article is proof that Roadway teamsters allowed Roadway to build a non-union monster, that would devour teamster companies. Ron Carey lied to UPS employees, telling them UPS wanted to steal their pension. When in fact CSPF had become a "ZOMBIE FUND" which no new employer would want to be part of ( per NUCPP, BOB, MIKE, SHERM's pension expert in testimony to congress) FED EX flush with cash after UPS strike purchased CALIBER taking teamster market share since. If Ron Carey would have told teamsters in the 90's their pension fund was a ZOMBIE fund, instead of being a Politician and lying. Maybe just maybe adjustments could have been made that would have prevented the current situation. Just kidding Teamsters members would never vote for anybody that didn't promise them the moon!!!!!!
The Teamsters Union never really took on double breasting back in the eighties and nineties.

The Teamsters Union never really took on double breasting back in the eighties and nineties.
Help me here but I seem to remember specific language in the contract prohibiting double breasting in the past. It seems to have just disappeared one day during the Con-Job.

Help me here but I seem to remember specific language in the contract prohibiting double breasting in the past. It seems to have just disappeared one day during the Con-Job.

Are you suggesting that something explicitly spelled out in the NMFA back then was blatantly ignored? Impossible I tell you, absolutely unheard of. :hide:

We joined the Teamsters Union in 1974 at the small airfreight forwarder where I was working. We went from $4.00 per hour to $6.49 per hour. Pretty good money for someone 23 years old in 1974.

Wow, you're old!! :hilarious:

Reactions: mud
We joined the Teamsters Union in 1974 at the small airfreight forwarder where I was working. We went from $4.00 per hour to $6.49 per hour. Pretty good money for someone 23 years old in 1974.
I can't recall scale in 1957 when we joined the Teamsters, I think in1962 milage was 9.25
best I recall a 262 mi. turn payed about $25, 7hrs on single lane US 29