UPS, Teamsters Agree to Install Air Conditioning in Trucks

D

Dan Ronan

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters says UPS Inc. has agreed to equip its delivery and logistics vehicles with air conditioning systems, a key point in contract negotiations.

Continue reading...

I'm no engineer, but I am curios to how that exactly would work. Some of those package cars are huge, with stopping 100 or more times a day and having to turn off the engine at every stop that will have to be an impressive system. The caveat is being any new vehicle purchased after 1/1/2024, sadly it will be a long time till all are replaced, but a win is a win.
I have the utmost respect for those package drivers having to tolerate the extreme heat and humidity on a daily basis.
They earn every nickel they make.......

I’m surprised UPS was still able to purchase trucks without a/c. I thought we passed that rubicon years ago when Conway finally started purchasing trucks with a/c.

FedEx, DHL and Amazon have A/C in their trucks but it takes over 100 years for UPS to get their act together. Those union dues are working hard for the rank and file aren't they?