TForce | UPS Tentative Contract Report: Updated Bulletin!

If you respect yourself and do your job no one will harass you. Never let anyone yell at you.

Rooster, if this were true I wouldn't have any problem with this company. But it's not. You basically have a standing disciplinary meeting for each week, and it just might be your name they draw from the termination hat.

All I want us to do my job and go home, our micromanagement team does not let it happen. I'm not there to start any trouble, but I'm always in trouble anyway. I stopped caring about this job a while ago.

Rooster, if this were true I wouldn't have any problem with this company. But it's not. You basically have a standing disciplinary meeting for each week, and it just might be your name they draw from the termination hat.

All I want us to do my job and go home, our micromanagement team does not let it happen. I'm not there to start any trouble, but I'm always in trouble anyway. I stopped caring about this job a while ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess I've been in line haul much to long. I take my hat off to you P&D drivers.

My God!!! If you are getting picked on and harassed by management or their cronies, Take it off property and take care of the situation. Geez!!! Fight fire with fire would ya!!! If the union can't take care of it, take care of it yourself. Sorry, But that's my attitude toward this BS. :fingure:

I have read several of your post and I will say something is up with the way you defend ups, you say your vote depends on subcontracting but harassment is not a issue.
You need to go back to your office and stay off the ups freight drivers forums.
Karen
I was addressing someone who said he thought it would be fun to shut the company down .. I was not going to waste much time on that attitude . I did address his concern with harassment. and if you had read all of the comments I would not have to repeat it but I will . Harassment is something that has to be addressed by the membership . What is it, how do you prove it ? Group effort unity is how it is addressed . But you will never have to worry about that around UPS freight . Everyone wants to attack something or somebody . . If you guys do not start trying to promote an organized labor environment UPS will have it way with you . Plain and simple . Unite Brothers and Sisters it is the only way . One more note . If subcontracting is not addressed we will all be out of a job ... By far the most important issue we are facing !! Now I will go back to my desk ....

Sub contracting is my biggest issue, does that make any sense? Non union drivers hauling union freight?????? While union members on the xtra board sit at home?????? Yrc doesnt do it, holland and abf dont do it either, running our freight is one thing, but putting it on the back of a man that is nit in the union......... thats just a HUGE spit in alllll of our faces. But then again, alot of people dont care, (bcuz it dont affect them). THATS WHAT IS CALLED A MEASTER!!!!!!

Sub contracting is my biggest issue, does that make any sense? Non union drivers hauling union freight?????? While union members on the xtra board sit at home?????? Yrc doesnt do it, holland and abf dont do it either, running our freight is one thing, but putting it on the back of a man that is nit in the union......... thats just a HUGE spit in alllll of our faces. But then again, alot of people dont care, (bcuz it dont affect them). THATS WHAT IS CALLED A MEASTER!!!!!!

You are right . This has to be handled . It puts us all in jeopardy.. So I agree .. I think? . You ask does this make sense . If you are speaking of the verbiage I was mistaken to say my issue . I should of said OUR issue .. But apparently there are folks that don't think it is as big an issue as harassment... After rereading your post .. I AGREE !! Good post !!!

That is correct . The profit margin is very different . You can load thousands of express packages on pup . The LTL market has taken a tumble as far as pricing discounts , competition, ECT. We UPS Freight are still 5 dollars ahead of our closest competitor in wages . Be sure and compare apples to apples .. UPS will not lose money .Period And they will not have one unit support another . The raises and the insurance are solid . We must have language to deal with subcontracting .So that will be the deciding factor for me !

The raises are solid???? Ken Hall himself said you all need .75 per year to keep up with inflation.
No one needs your advice or counsel, JDtex. The contractor arbitration was lost on your grievance. Your credibility is zero.

Harassment is something road drivers know nothing about, Harassment by way of telematics and the diad is something that is done daily, "you put in 11.6 hours yesterday and had 32 min. idle time, if this happens again we are going to write you up", that evening when I got back to the term three road drivers came in, parked their trucks on the line, letting all three idle while they were in dispatch. all three idled til they died., you do not have tm's following you around watching your every move nor do you have a jerk in the office going over your every move from the previous day looking for anything they can question.
I could list 20 other harassment issues but I will stop here, my only question is what is the union doing to help?

Thank you KarenK, finally somebody who understands. I miss the days of not being questioned about every little move you make.

They pulled me in the office recently because I started my truck twice before walking into dispatch. Why did I start it twice? Because when I went to drop my trailer in the yard, the 5th wheel wouldn't release, so I had to start the truck again to back up to take the pressure off the jaws. A totally normal and innocent act, but I end up getting grilled like I did something wrong. The ops manager even had the audacity to say "don't let it happen again, it throws up a red flag"

Thank you KarenK, finally somebody who understands. I miss the days of not being questioned about every little move you make.

They pulled me in the office recently because I started my truck twice before walking into dispatch. Why did I start it twice? Because when I went to drop my trailer in the yard, the 5th wheel wouldn't release, so I had to start the truck again to back up to take the pressure off the jaws. A totally normal and innocent act, but I end up getting grilled like I did something wrong. The ops manager even had the audacity to say "don't let it happen again, it throws up a red flag"

You have to learn to throw it all back in their faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to learn to throw it all back in their faces. Leave your maps, at home, turn your phones off. Every time you aren't sure what the procedure is" stop the truck and diad message. daid message for directions, diad message for exceptions, diad message if it is proper to restart a truck if it stalls or will that send a red flag up? The fact remains, if you allow their stupid inquires to bother you, then you are screwed.

If it helps, file a grievance on harassment and discrimination(don't expect anything from the local, they can't do anything), then request via certified mail every telematics report and diad report for every driver for the past 90 days, to see if all drivers are being treated equally. If they don't comply, you have a rock solid labor charge.

You can also remember you have a right representation for any inquires you believe may lead to discipline. Get another person to be you witness(on the clock). And remember, I don't recall is a perfectly acceptable response to answers you can't recall.

Should of been a lawyer driver...:1036316054:

Sounds like you give to many answers to stupid questions. Just say you don't know what they are talking about. When you stop and get out of the truck you are suppose to shut it off. You must be on the east coast. We don't have people out west that stupid. Or let's say we wouldn't put up with it. I'm not trying to sound mucho. You need to stand up to them. If you are doing your job and you know you are. How long have you been with the company and driving?

Last edited by a moderator:
Harassment is something road drivers know nothing about, Harassment by way of telematics and the diad is something that is done daily, "you put in 11.6 hours yesterday and had 32 min. idle time, if this happens again we are going to write you up", that evening when I got back to the term three road drivers came in, parked their trucks on the line, letting all three idle while they were in dispatch. all three idled til they died., you do not have tm's following you around watching your every move nor do you have a jerk in the office going over your every move from the previous day looking for anything they can question.
I could list 20 other harassment issues but I will stop here, my only question is what is the union doing to help?

You are right about road drivers Karenk. I'm still trying to get use to shutting off the truck when I get out... I almost have it mastered. :LMAO:

Rooster, why would you assume that I don't stand up to them? I have been fired 3 times and am always on the radar because I don't listen to their crap. It is not just me, they do it to everybody.