TForce | UPS to acquire ABF & TNT Express.

BusterNite

TB Legend
Credits
I have read an article in Traffic World Magazine Thats very Interesting. The possibility of UPS acquiring ABF & TNT Express are in the cards for 2007. I don't know how to post that article. The article date is December 11, 2006

Hey how about giving more info like where you saw it, what month and maybe even typing the link here so we can go check it out.

Busternite is right. I saw a copy of the article in Newburgh last night. It can be seen at Trafficworld.com, search archives, type UPS in first search area, the ABF in second, then scroll down to hit last 60 days and submit. The catch is that they want $3.00 for a reprint. I didn't do it.

Hey thats just great, Overnite refused to do anything right or change anything. So UPS is going to give up on the nimrods from O who are running the show in Richmond and buy a different carrier, so the can shut us down and keep going with someone else.

Galaxy99,
This article doesn't state that UPS will indeed buy ABF. Even if they do I seriously doubt that they'd close UPSF. They would more than likely differentiate the strengths of each and concentrate on more market share. One might be the regional and the other the long hauler. I don't see it as the beginning of the end for UPSF. Remember that UPS could've bought ABF and left Overnite alone, but they didn't. I'm sure they have big plans for the future of UPSF.

Why get excited over something that you cannot change ? Trucking companys today are nothing more than big business doing what ever the shareholders want. Workers are considered a dime a dozen to share holders. I wouldn't believe that except I lived thru it...

Galaxy99,
This article doesn't state that UPS will indeed buy ABF. Even if they do I seriously doubt that they'd close UPSF. They would more than likely differentiate the strengths of each and concentrate on more market share. One might be the regional and the other the long hauler. I don't see it as the beginning of the end for UPSF. Remember that UPS could've bought ABF and left Overnite alone, but they didn't. I'm sure they have big plans for the future of UPSF.

Yep, it didn't say they will buy, but if they do T251 called it.

Here I Am Steve 5 Seems To Me That Ups Is Trying To Lay Back A Watch What Fedex Is Doing They Must Not Have The Knowledge To Do Somthing On There Own. I Figure That Ups Wanted Abf For There Furniture Moving Business That Would Be One Step Ahead Of Fedex Cause They Dont Have One Of Them Yet. I Guess When Fedex Decides To Build A Container Ship So They Can Take That Market Over Ups Will Be Right Behind Them Building Them One.well Fellows I Guess The Strongest Will Survive And I Do Believe It Will Be The One Without The Union....

Here I Am Steve 5 Seems To Me That Ups Is Trying To Lay Back A Watch What Fedex Is Doing They Must Not Have The Knowledge To Do Somthing On There Own. I Figure That Ups Wanted Abf For There Furniture Moving Business That Would Be One Step Ahead Of Fedex Cause They Dont Have One Of Them Yet. I Guess When Fedex Decides To Build A Container Ship So They Can Take That Market Over Ups Will Be Right Behind Them Building Them One.well Fellows I Guess The Strongest Will Survive And I Do Believe It Will Be The One Without The Union....

UPS even with the union has survived 100 years and how long has Fedx survived???? You sound like a little boy!

Busternite Where You From? You Sound Like Them A** Kissing Road Driver"s Out Of The Norfolk Va Terminal.... I Got Your Boy Sisssssssy........

My opinion is that theres a lot of speculations over something that may,or may not be acording to one trucking news article that is also speculating on the future expansions of UPS.

Dirtball is right though,no matter what UPS does,we lowly workers have just got to roll with it.
Its completely out of our hands.

The one thing that hasn't been addressed was the section on the Teamsters,and UPS having a contract in nine months from when the barganing started in Sept.of 06.

Acording to the author of this earth breaking story.
Organizing UPS Freight is a done deal,for better work rules,between their parcel ,and freight divisions.

Yes it was an interesting look into the future of UPS,but its still just speculation as far as I can see.

My opinion is that theres a lot of speculations over something that may,or may not be acording to one trucking news article that is also speculating on the future expansions of UPS.

Dirtball is right though,no matter what UPS does,we lowly workers have just got to roll with it.
Its completely out of our hands.

The one thing that hasn't been addressed was the section on the Teamsters,and UPS having a contract in nine months from when the barganing started in Sept.of 06.

Acording to the author of this earth breaking story.
Organizing UPS Freight is a done deal,for better work rules,between their parcel ,and freight divisions.

Yes it was an interesting look into the future of UPS,but its still just speculation as far as I can see.

You are correct its just speculation. But, This same consulting group predicted UPS would buy Overnite 5 years ago. As far as getting worked up, No need for that. The only control we have is what we want in a contract.

WOW BusterNight you have got some memory.
Well it works for me.

Keep up the good work your a credit to our company.