Yellow | UPS to wind down LTL business until outcome of contract vote decided

There seems to be a lot of management chatter, but I’m not feeling confident that there is a truly realistic strategy to absorb an increase in freight within our network. Knee jerking is troublesome.
Taking on a large influx of other business, not normally handled, can cause your regular customers to suffer from driver not having enough room on his trailer to pick up their frt, and cause more damage on dock because of the get it loaded fast attitude that comes with too much to handle all of the sudden.

It's policy not to cross a picket line, (my policy anyways) but i think most truck lines will slit each others throats to get more freight. The only time they will work together is to screw drivers. Doesn't really matter, it's just more freight we won't be able to pick up or deliver.

I do know one of my best friends works for FedEx Freight here where I live, and he told me they had a meeting this past week, and were told not to pick up freight they normally do not get for the reasons I stated about, trl space,damage,and service.

Every lane, and every truck in the YRC system should be full until the UPSF thing gets resolved. Extra freight that is picked up from customers that don’t normally ship with us will pay a premium rate. All that and I’d be willing to bet that this turd of a company still won’t be able to make money.