TForce | UPS/YRC merger

flat top

TB Regular
Credits
Just curious has there been anything said at preshifts or anything , by management, that might indicate something is "in the works" in regards to merger. Just asking because one of our guys (yrc) said he heard it from a ups freight guy that they brought it up during a preshift.

Just curious has there been anything said at preshifts or anything , by management, that might indicate something is "in the works" in regards to merger. Just asking because one of our guys (yrc) said he heard it from a ups freight guy that they brought it up during a preshift.
Enlighten me please? Do I understand or have this right...UPS is possibly going to acquire YRC and then merge the two? If that's the case... why would UPS, who already has an LTL division, want to take on YRC, also an LTL, and take on all their issues, (debt, old equipment, etc.) It just doesn't make a lot of good business sense to me. Wouldn't UPS be pouring money into a bag w/ holes? Help me out to understand, somebody?...anybody?

Reactions: ESP
Was the yrc guy the one who has a neighbor, who has a cousin that lives in Alaska , who used to work with a guy , whose brother- in- law worked for ups? Then it must be true. Cause that guys nephew lives down the street from me, on the corner, in the middle of the block, in the little red house painted white....

Was the yrc guy the one who has a neighbor, who has a cousin that lives in Alaska , who used to work with a guy , whose brother- in- law worked for ups? Then it must be true. Cause that guys nephew lives down the street from me, on the corner, in the middle of the block, in the little red house painted white....
I hope you type faster than I do because that is about 10 minutes of your life that you will never get back. Question, if UPS paid 6 billion to get out of Central States, wouldn't buying YRC put them right back into Central States?:confused1:

I hope you type faster than I do because that is about 10 minutes of your life that you will never get back. Question, if UPS paid 6 billion to get out of Central States, wouldn't buying YRC put them right back into Central States?:confused1:
Do you actually believe ups got where they are today by making poor business decisions? Yrc right now, probably has more debt right now, than what all the equipment, property, and receivables are worth. About 1.2 billion dollars debt. And I would bet a weeks pay, no one would buy them along with the pension liability, or buy them and continue paying the full rate into CSPF. Probably would cost 3-4 billion just to buy out of CS right now.

Probably for the same reason that UPSF/Overnite wasn't put into the NMFA or the Teamsters MEPFs. The answer would be Hoffa and Hall making another deal................. Weren't there rumors years back of UPS buying CF, USF, and ABF? I doubt that a UPS YRC deal would happen but with Hoffa in charge you can bank on the YRC Teamsters being the ones end tailed.

not necessarily.

Enlighten me please? Do I understand or have this right...UPS is possibly going to acquire YRC and then merge the two? If that's the case... why would UPS, who already has an LTL division, want to take on YRC, also an LTL, and take on all their issues, (debt, old equipment, etc.) It just doesn't make a lot of good business sense to me. Wouldn't UPS be pouring money into a bag w/ holes? Help me out to understand, somebody?...anybody?
Then Mr Jacobs will buy the whole thing and merge them with XPO,:hide: Sorry, I just could not resist that VP.

6L6A52Q.jpg

Put the pipe down and think back to when yellow bought big R.

The banks wouldn't let big R buy yeller=bad investment --I.E. Yeller losing money
yeller buying big R=good investment.--Big R lots of owned property and equipment paid for and supposedly making money.
So it would seem that YRC buys UPSFRT.
Makes sense as big business sees it.

Who starts these goofy rumors?
Are you sure that YRC isn't looking to purchase UPS?

Oh my the only way I ever excepted a rumor from any one in my 45 year trucking career.
Was for the one spewing the news,to produce official documentation,something in writing to the facts.
Hearsay is just that,you hear something without any backup then just pass it along.

UPS didn't become as profitable as they are making dumb deals,believe me in my opinion a YRC,UPS merger would be really dumb.
YRC has way to much negative baggage to be acquired by anyone other than a bottom feeder brokerage company.
A brokerage group of investors that would buy in at a rock bottom price,then liquidate,selling off their equipment & land to make a buck.

I'm glad I look in on this UPS forum,the company I retired from,to see the latest news.
However this topic is really not news worthy unless any of you can post an official link.
Show us all that this rumor is true,or as the Bible calls it don't be a talebearer,or gossip.

Last edited:
Who starts these goofy rumors?
Are you sure that YRC isn't looking to purchase UPS?

Oh my the only way I ever excepted a rumor from any one in my 45 year trucking career.
Was for the one spewing the news,to produce official documentation,something in writing to the facts.
Hearsay is just that,you hear something without any backup then just pass it along.

UPS didn't become as profitable as they are making dumb deals,believe me in my opinion a YRC,UPS merger would be really dumb.
YRC has way to much negative baggage to be acquired by anyone other than a bottom feeder brokerage company.
A brokerage group of investors that would buy in at a rock bottom price,then liquidate,selling off their equipment & land to make a buck.

I'm glad I look in on this UPS forum,the company I retired from,to see the latest news.
However this topic is really not news worthy unless any of you can post an official link.
Show us all that this rumor is true,or as the Bible calls it don't be a talebearer,or gossip.

BECAUSE people only read PART of the report, not all of it.....it is posted in a sticky at the top of the YRC forum....read ALL of it....KK