TForce | UPSF accident near Little Rock Ark.

5thwheel

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have info on the accident on I40 just east of Little Rock last week? I know an elderly lady was killed but, that is all I can find out.

5thwheel said:
Does anyone have info on the accident on I40 just east of Little Rock last week? I know an elderly lady was killed but, that is all I can find out.

It looked to me like the pintle hook either wasn't latched...or broke,because the dolly was still hooked up to the rear pup.
I have not heard anything about it,but from the looks of it,he was traveling east...there was a black streak accross the middle and the pup came to rest (facing east)on the west bound side of the road in the grass.

My partner and I went by this wreck shortly after it happened. The Police had just arrived and were still wondering around trying to assess the situation.
From what I could gather the Onite rear end a car a crossed the median rolling over the kite which hit another car. (Which may have been the same car rearended) The unit came to rest facing east in the westbound lane with the kite overturned but it looked like it was still hooked. The tractor and lead were upright in the breakdown lane.
I maybe wrong, I was in the bunk and my partner woke me up as we were driving by. Coming back east bound later you could see where the impact took place in the east bound hammer lane and the tracks from the truck through the grass. The median is very narrow there but deep ( no gaurd rail or center protection). I could see why the kite would roll over going though there.

My prayers to all those involved.

T251

Hello it was a Memphis driver he is off right now pending investigation. He is just a little bursie. As for the elderly lady in the car our prayers go out to her family on their lost. What haddened was she had stopped in the right lane of east bound I-40 with no lights on. When he got on top of her it was too late. Some traffic was passing her on the left and one truck passed her on the shoulder as he was commited to comming back over to the right lane from the left after going around our driver cut him close in the front as alot of billy big riggers do. He the ran over the car and went through the meadian and came to rest on teh left side of the west bound lanes. What he has told me sound like they are going to be using the 911 call as that the AHP got about her to help him and their were witnesses that stopped also.

So lets sit back and see how things go.