TForce | UPSF Letter On Their Website

Okay first off if we strike your inesurance is paid by the IBT as well as your strike pay. Secondly how many of you attend your local meetings call your BA and tell him you appreciate what he does pat your steward on the back and say thanks instead of pissing or moaning. Knowledge is power get off your butt and get involved. It's your union it's your future.
And there you have it. Involvement is needed to effect change in any situation. The ‘shop steward’ at my last terminal was...well...NOT a shop steward. I saw him at one...ONE...monthly meeting the whole time I was there. He never participated in any shop steward functions sponsored by the Union. Certainly someone I came to disrespect greatly during my time there. Couple that with the fact he was buried shoulder-deep in managements lower abdominal region, and you get the idea.

And there you have it. Involvement is needed to effect change in any situation. The ‘shop steward’ at my last terminal was...well...NOT a shop steward. I saw him at one...ONE...monthly meeting the whole time I was there. He never participated in any shop steward functions sponsored by the Union. Certainly someone I came to disrespect greatly during my time there. Couple that with the fact he was buried shoulder-deep in managements lower abdominal region, and you get the idea.
You must be under a different union cause ours are telling us you would have no insurance only cobra. So i gonna have to believe ours not yours.

Its funny he says this as I was sitting with my business agent face to face explaining to me that their are no guarantees to have coverage during An IBT sanctioned strike and that the board at Teamcare would have to make this decision. So there you have it.

Where have you all been over the last 5 years? All of a sudden you care so much about our success. I would Imagine that you all hope that you will all stay busy hauling our freight down the road during the slow season while we starve on the picket lines.
and That by YOUR chooses not ours so stop bashing us for just going to work and doing our job. The union members right to vote NO has caused UPS to make these move and close the Freight end. In hope of saving some face with there customers. So yes vote NO again and starve on the picket line because that is you right as a Teamster.

You do not have a clue do ya. do you actually think the IBT is going to pay your health insurance premiums that range from $250 a week for employee only all the way up to $600 a week for employee + Family ?
My local pays our medical premiums, while we contribute a percentage. They did ask to get dental and vision done prior or after a possible strike. Thats how it works in my local.
Not every local is strong like that. Some just lose it all or get pushed into COBRA.
This local by local discrepancy was what pushed many no voters to yes.

and That by YOUR chooses not ours so stop bashing us for just going to work and doing our job. The union members right to vote NO has caused UPS to make these move and close the Freight end. In hope of saving some face with there customers. So yes vote NO again and starve on the picket line because that is you right as a Teamster.
I voted YES

No insurance if you strike.....my wife tried to refill a prescription 5 days early yesterday was denied pending strike...
That doesn’t seem right. My understanding is that once the hours-worked requirement was reached in the current month, you had coverage THROUGH the following month. It may be different at UPSF, but that’s the way it was at ABF.

That doesn’t seem right. My understanding is that once the hours-worked requirement was reached in the current month, you had coverage THROUGH the following month. It may be different at UPSF, but that’s the way it was at ABF.
Nothing has been in order through this whole deal! My dad always told me to vote union in if i ever had a chance. I know my dad not the same union he was talking about! Smh

Its funny he says this as I was sitting with my business agent face to face explaining to me that their are no guarantees to have coverage during An IBT sanctioned strike and that the board at Teamcare would have to make this decision. So there you have it.
Well,if your insurance last 90 days or 6 months depending on your plan,No contributions no insurance.Iam sure ,if your covered you know this.Stop spreading rumors ,That once you go on strike your insurance automatically stops paying.right away.

Well,if your insurance last 90 days or 6 months depending on your plan,No contributions no insurance.Iam sure ,if your covered you know this.Stop spreading rumors ,That once you go on strike your insurance automatically stops paying.right away.
Sorry bud, I wont spread any rumors and I will only tell facts either way. Don't care about the mumbo jumbo you are speaking. Its pretty simple. There are zero guarantees that Teamcare will cover your health care benefits during an IBT sanctioned strike. Would you like me to post the damn phone number again? why don't you call them and see what you get for an answer.

Sorry bud, I wont spread any rumors and I will only tell facts either way. Don't care about the mumbo jumbo you are speaking. Its pretty simple. There are zero guarantees that Teamcare will cover your health care benefits during an IBT sanctioned strike. Would you like me to post the damn phone number again? why don't you call them and see what you get for an answer.
Go try and get a prescription filled as i did today! Turned down till tomorrow pending strike.... so there you go..

roadboss, I didn't even realize that you are not even a Upsf employee. I wont even waste my time debating this with you as you don't have a clue what our locals, TeamCare and Allegiance health care are telling us but by all means, give them a call. I will post the phone number again if you need it.

roadboss, I didn't even realize that you are not even a Upsf employee. I wont even waste my time debating this with you as you don't have a clue what our locals, TeamCare and Allegiance health care are telling us but by all means, give them a call. I will post the phone number again if you need it.
I'm with local 509 we have blue cross blue shield with teamcare so i geuss you don't have a debate because you know it all and who i work for! 29 years at that so don't show your ignorance like the rest of the no votes!!!

I'm with local 509 we have blue cross blue shield with teamcare so i geuss you don't have a debate because you know it all and who i work for! 29 years at that so don't show your ignorance like the rest of the no votes!!!
Sorry busternite thought you talking to me.

Yes ours you have to work or have a vacation day this week to have coverage the next week

And that’s most of the big picture here, GO40...some (most?) people get themselves into such a financial mess with all their ‘gotta have’s’ that they can’t afford to miss an HOUR of work, and I’m not exaggerating. The billion-dollar house, the million-dollar cars, the boats, the ATV’s, the RV’s, and a partridge in a pear tree. Consume, consume, consume. In the money comes, and out it goes. I just don’t get it.

My wife and I have been married 30 years...and through all of that, managed to purchase (and keep) two houses, put our two daughters through two different major West coast universities..one obtaining a Masters Degree, the other her undergrad degree. Living frugal is where it’s at. Be wise, don’t over-extend. Good luck UPSF employees!
most of those people are the ones that blame everyone else for there decisions. I am debt free, own my own home outright, also put both my girls thru college and i am glad i am financially secure by not living above my means and can sustain financially not working for 2yrs brfore i run out of money. i'll be damned if i'll be a slave to materialistic things. If i cant pay cash i dont want it