TForce | UPSF trailers at UPS??

imported_krash

TB Lurker
Credits
Was at the Atlanta hub and saw a shiny wheel pulling in with a UPSF trailer. My first thought was UPS was allready using there "non-union lower paid" workforce to hall pkg's. Asked the security guard and he said it was an empty. Asked why he was bringing it here, he said to drop it off?? Well, why there when the UPSF hub is only another 30 minuates away. Also, the shiny wheel had "Griffin, GA" as his location. Which means he was closer to the UPSF on Moreland than the UPS on Fulton Industrial, If he came outta Griffin with it. As I drove around the bldg, noticed a couple of there trailers. Man, yall better come get them quick before those shifters put a few ding's and scrathches on 'em. It doesnt take them long to make a new trailer look old.:biglaugh:

krash said:
Was at the Atlanta hub and saw a shiny wheel pulling in with a UPSF trailer. My first thought was UPS was allready using there "non-union lower paid" workforce to hall pkg's. Asked the security guard and he said it was an empty. Asked why he was bringing it here, he said to drop it off?? Well, why there when the UPSF hub is only another 30 minuates away. Also, the shiny wheel had "Griffin, GA" as his location. Which means he was closer to the UPSF on Moreland than the UPS on Fulton Industrial, If he came outta Griffin with it. As I drove around the bldg, noticed a couple of there trailers. Man, yall better come get them quick before those shifters put a few ding's and scrathches on 'em. It doesnt take them long to make a new trailer look old.:biglaugh:
Have you seen them after our dock got ahold of 'em?

Good news. Two brand new pups arrived. Sorry Apostolic, they have knose post. Yall better come get 'em quick. Our shifters are getting ready to rumbllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee:biglaugh:

Vaerie,
Ive seen UPSF pulling some of the new long boxes around town too. They look to be at least 50 fters. Even some of the new tractors. Just cant figure out why there bringing the new trailers to the ATL yard.

We went to a horse clinic over the weekend in Nashville. Actually saw a tractor with the new paint. Only problem was it was pulling one pup that said Overnite and the the other MC!!!

krash said:
In SoCal each UPS district has a hub designated to receive all new and retired vehicles from their district. There they inspect the new vehicles to make sure the factory didn't send them a vehicle missing something vital. After it is deemed safe it's distributed the hub that ordered it. The retired vehicles get striped of good parts as needed. When the good parts are gone the vehicle is painted white with a paint roller and sent to be crushed. Maybe the Atlanta hub is the designated hub to receive new and retired vehicles.

Valerie said:
We went to a horse clinic over the weekend in Nashville. Actually saw a tractor with the new paint. Only problem was it was pulling one pup that said Overnite and the the other MC!!!

You will see that for a while...it is supposed to take about 3 years for the equipment re-branding to be complete.

Out here at the terminals I've been to, if a new UPSF trailer comes in they keep it in the yard for P&D. Lax had the same trlr in the yard for a week, I guess they forgot to load it with local frt and over the weekend it was gone.

peedy said:
In SoCal each UPS district has a hub designated to receive all new and retired vehicles from their district. There they inspect the new vehicles to make sure the factory didn't send them a vehicle missing something vital. After it is deemed safe it's distributed the hub that ordered it. The retired vehicles get striped of good parts as needed. When the good parts are gone the vehicle is painted white with a paint roller and sent to be crushed. Maybe the Atlanta hub is the designated hub to receive new and retired vehicles.
Well, it's possible but doudtful. I dont think that there equipped for that. And, all new "UPS" pup's that I brought in from the Austell railyard was put into service immideately. So they where made ready before reaching ATL,
Also, have you noticed how all yard equipment is "white" instead of "yellow" now

We had 3 new pups come north with inbound freight.

My TM decided to send 2 of them on through the system,and kept one to drive around our area for our customers to get used to the new look.

We also have a few Motor Cargos up here.
I dropped an empyt MC pups in the yard next to one of the new UPS brand pups.
The landing legs are pretty close on both trailers.

So why in the world is UPS Freight the last hold outs in LTL with those strupid (NOSE POLES?)

I'm telling you sometimes UPS Freight is penny wise,and dollar foolish.

This maybe an old saying for you young-ins?
Because the penny has very little value these days.

But in other words they spend there money buying new pups with these poles,when they can clearly see all the old MC pups don't need them.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to keep my crow bar,and big hammer in my asigned city tractor,to keep dealling with these useless poles,when the yard switchers start bending them.

Oh what the hey I get paid by the hour.

Apostolic said:
My TM decided to send 2 of them on through the system,and kept one to drive around our area for our customers to get used to the new look.

We also have a few Motor Cargos up here.
I dropped an empyt MC pups in the yard next to one of the new UPS brand pups.
The landing legs are pretty close on both trailers.

So why in the world is UPS Freight the last hold outs in LTL with those strupid (NOSE POLES?)

I'm telling you sometimes UPS Freight is penny wise,and dollar foolish.

This maybe an old saying for you young-ins?
Because the penny has very little value these days.

But in other words they spend there money buying new pups with these poles,when they can clearly see all the old MC pups don't need them.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to keep my crow bar,and big hammer in my asigned city tractor,to keep dealling with these useless poles,when the yard switchers start bending them.

Oh what the hey I get paid by the hour.
When I first started most of what we ran were 3 axle coe sleepers, and we never put nose stands or (at least I've never seen) a pup with a nose pole at MC.

Why did ovnt have them? Did you guys have a problem with nose tipping?

They are pretty much the same as far as placement from nose to landing gear.

I don't have a problem with putting them down or up so far, but with what you said about the crow bar and hammer, I'm not looking forward to that.

P.S.
GI/Estes before I left were still using nose poles and every terminal out west that I've been to had a nose stand for every dock door. All new trlrs purchased still came with them.

steve5 said:
When I first started most of what we ran were 3 axle coe sleepers, and we never put nose stands or (at least I've never seen) a pup with a nose pole at MC.

Why did ovnt have them? Did you guys have a problem with nose tipping?

They are pretty much the same as far as placement from nose to landing gear.

I don't have a problem with putting them down or up so far, but with what you said about the crow bar and hammer, I'm not looking forward to that.

I have only encountered a few that don't slide freely,and sometimes you need to tap them with a hammer to free them up.
Not that big of a deal.

The most important thing to do is write defective stuff up on your inspection report.
The mechanics can't fix what they don't know is broken.

nose pole trailers can be pulled with twin screws and the nose pole less pups can't cause the gear will hit the tires and impede turning
either ups will get screws for linehaul or got a real sweet price for these trailers
i think the latter is the real deal