XPO | US Army Reserve and Con-way Freight Launch Partnership??? Free Press???

mae

TB Lurker
Credits
What was up with this news flash?
"US Army Reserve and Con-way Freight Launch Partnership
cnn.com - Jul 2, 2008
The Army Reserve's partnership with Con-way Freight is the first of its kind in the state ... The agreement provides Army Reserve Soldiers opportunities for employment..."
It seems like Con-Way used the opportunity to make some free press... to give credit where credit is due, they do support deployed employees...but how the H%$LL will you hire someone if you can't keep your current enpoyees?
It seems like the contract might work better the other way, get laid off from Con-Way ---> join the Army.
:TR10driving03:

P.S: This rather angry posting is for Con-Way...it doesn't have anything to do with the military. All I have for my brothers in uniform is respect. I am thinking of going back in myself after 6 years of ETS.

Mae, I realize you are hurting at the moment, but let me help you out here...First, look at the date of the article...Our economy was a whole different ballgame on that date....9/8/08 began the collapse of the financial system...
Now, I understand the shock, just like 9/11 shocked us all, because it always happens somewhere else, to someone else....not anymore..!!! Wake up to the reality that we are all facing, and pay attention to the news on radio, tv and in the papers...It is driving what is happening..