US Foods Montgomery, AL Region Union Vote

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
US Foods in the Montgomery, AL Region will be voting for Union representation on May 23 & 24, 2012.....The 1st service center in the South to have a Union vote.....KK

US Foods in the Montgomery, AL Region will be voting for Union representation on May 23 & 24, 2012.....The 1st service center in the South to have a Union vote.....KK

Best of luck to all of them, I'll be pulling for the men and women casting their vote!!! Thats good to hear!

uh, i thought that the miss. barn for US Foods was union as well? it shows up on the US Foods workers united page as union? either way, good luck, I wouldn't work at this place without a contract!

anyone know what happened? i punched it into google, and just came up with an NLRB amended decision, it looks like the company was trying to stall the election?

The mailed in ballots will be counted along with the Montgomery on-site ballots this Thursday (6/7/12) @ the NLRB office in New Orleans.....I soon as I have the count I will post for you guys......KK

Sad to report.....the vote was 111 NO to 51 yes......now lets see what management does to keep all those BS promises they made in those anti-union meetings.....KK

Sad to report.....the vote was 111 NO to 51 yes......now lets see what management does to keep all those BS promises they made in those anti-union meetings.....KK

Thanks for the update KK.

The workers have spoken, mgmt will **** themselves in excitement and will probably make good for a few months, then it will go about as usual.

I wonder how much the intimidation factor played in? Thats a pretty big majority on the no side, a majority had to sign, I wish the best for them.

Sucks to be them, I see a massive turnover in that barns future! oh well, no ones fault but their own! go up to bat, but haven't even got the sense to stick to their guns! the union would have called off a vote that they didn't think they could win, I'm smelling some false promises here!

I wouldn't work at this place if it didn't have a contract, it just seems like a disaster waiting to happen!

US Foodservice in Mesquite, Tx (Dallas) was Union (local 745) until it was closed in 2002 and split into two non-union warehouses, the Alliant warehouse in Garland and the Moms produce warehouse in Duncanville. Moms became the Dallas Northstar division and moved back into the Mesquite warehouse 2 years after it was closed and operated there until 2008 when it was closed. The building has been empty since 2004 and was just recently sold. Now US Foods Garland is another story. You don't dare say the U word here.

it doesn't suprise me about the mesquite us foods barn, i think the Cincinatti barn was the same way, I saw a post somewhere online that they WERE union at one point, but they are not now.

it doesn't suprise me about the mesquite us foods barn, i think the Cincinatti barn was the same way, I saw a post somewhere online that they WERE union at one point, but they are not now.

Sysco is non-union in Texas, I could not imagine working for this company without my union, also in Arkansas they are non-union, with the way mgmt. treats those route drivers in AR, I'm shocked that they haven't organized.

Union will not be good anywhere, look at the steel mills & automotive plants up North.Go Union and your plant will shut down in 5yrs or less.
the Mercedes plant in Tuscaloosa,Al is non-union and they produce more automobiles than ever.

Union will not be good anywhere, look at the steel mills & automotive plants up North.Go Union and your plant will shut down in 5yrs or less.
the Mercedes plant in Tuscaloosa,Al is non-union and they produce more automobiles than ever.

If your goal is to revive a 1 year old thread than you were successful. You get an extra cookie this week.

What are you talking about ? I'm non union BUT many union companies that have been around and many more that are kicking ass.
It's all about management.
Truth is truth. Can't just spit dumb **** out.