US Foodservice Crash 5/19/08

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Where: I-10 near Sabine River Tx/La border

When: Incident happened at 6 a.m. Monday 5/19/08, after driver reportedly dozed off and drifted off the main lanes.

An abandoned SUV was taken out as the truck headed for the swamp. The truck shifted and rolled on to it's side, taking out a tree and leaving the motor in the muck.
The driver had to be cut out and when he was freed he came out on his own - cut, bruised and banged up, but no broken bones...........Amazing.

In this area, there are a huge number of these types of incidents - 50 so far this year, but this is one the media didn't cover. I think they were scared of the snakes and gators.

68417461sq2.jpg

59004418lz6.jpg

29280214xr1.jpg

14636885ex8.jpg

Drivers. Please get your needed rest so that you do not drive drowsy, pull over and get that 15 minute power nap if you have to so that you can make it back to your most important stop......Home.

Thank you anonymous donor.

INCREDIBLE that this driver came out of this !!! I would suppose his seat belt made a contribution to him /her staying in the tractor . It's hard to believe how it knocked the motor out of the frame . it's obvious GOD has a purpose & plan for this driver's life !

For no media coverage these photos are very good,somebody needs a pat on the back for their personal coverage of this crash scene.

Again this is a good example of the hours of service change.
The goodie gooders thought they were leanning on our government to make our nations highways safer.
Well guess again,they should of left the old system in place.

I agree with all who say make sure you have enough rest before you start your work shift.
I'd really hate it to see any of you winding up on this Accident forum with picture of your crash scene.

As many crashes that I've posted on this forum over the two years I've been a truckingboard member.
These picture of this US food semi are still blowing my mind.
Knowing this driver was able to walk out of this mess with only scratches.
Talk about having Jesus with him,I have no other explanation for him walking out of this crash!

WOW!!! That is amazing that he walked away from that, as others have pointed out..Glory to God on this one, at 0600 and given where he was he was surely on a route. On tues I took off at 0430 and fought it all the way to Dover AR, this after 7 hours of sleep, I guess this can happen at any time, its scary. Thanks Dockworker for the report.

Dockworker gets all the credit for this post.
but thanks anyways grocery thrower.
I totally agree with you in praising the Lord for saving this drivers life.

To God be the glory thats a great big 10-4.