Us Foodservice Streator losing Subway Acct.

shotglas

TB Lurker
Credits
Well Damm! As of March 12 2010 alot of us drivers are going to be out of a job. Us Foodservice Streator Division lost the contract with Subway. :realmad:

Just when you think you have a secure job with decent pay... I get kicked in the nadds.

Hope we all can recover!!

That sucks.

Problem with national chain accounts is that the contract is usually three years. After that, it is open for bids and I guess US Foods was under-bid.

Do you know who got the contract?

And what area are you in? May know some food service companies in that area.

BOL

Reinhart took the chicago area. Sysco got the rest. I was out of the Streator,IL term. Damm good bunch of ppl to work for!!

I'm working on sending out at least 2-3 resumes a week in advance of the layoff. Any leads would be great!!

Hope you had a good xmas!!

Subway

Hey Shot-- tough to lose an account like that. I'm a driver for sysco up here in NY. We service Subways, and you are right, it keeps alot of drivers employed. Have you thought about Sysco Chicago? I don't know if they hire this time of year, but its a suggestion. Take care.

Damn that sucks. I used to deliver to the bakeries in Streator, and from what I've heard, USFoods was the place to be if you were a driver... Hope everybody who gets laid off finds work

Sorry to hear that Shot, I do lots of Subways and KFC's here in AR, if we ever lose either it will be some real lean times real quick!

Subway's are some of my favorite deliveries, easy to sort the product and real simple to unload into the stores, I get fed alot too, I hope and pray the best for you and yours, keep your head up and hopefully things will be ok!!