Holland | usf handing out 94% discounts wont operate well.

Well I say we need to give 110% discount and then I am going to put rocks on skids and ship them cross country, and then I can collect two checks from Holland.

Was this told to you by a driver who has this friend who works at a nearbye terminal who heard it from another driver that works at CCX?
Sounds like BS to me. Prove it.

Usf has been handing out discounts well into the 90's how are they going to show a profit to YRC?:funky::butt kiss::nutkick::smilie_132:

You would have to show me this in writing!!

I know since the end of the year they have dropped a lot of accounts that was not profitable and to high discount to make money.

This sounds like cb talk or breakroom gossip no company in there right mind can give that kind of discount.

Plus all discounts have to go to "YRC PRICING" dept to get approved.

Again "SHOW ME THE DISCOUNT" if you can't then it is BS!!

You would have to show me this in writing!!

I know since the end of the year they have dropped a lot of accounts that was not profitable and to high discount to make money.

This sounds like cb talk or breakroom gossip no company in there right mind can give that kind of discount.

Plus all discounts have to go to "YRC PRICING" dept to get approved.

Again "SHOW ME THE DISCOUNT" if you can't then it is BS!!

I'm with you Jim. sounds like the driver who heard this might be mis-informed. if a discount that big ever existed, UPSF would implementing it, not USF. i had a customer tell me yesterday who i haven't seen in about 6 months told me shipping with UPSF is like " shipping for free".

I'm asking a mod to immediately delete this thread. This is nothing more than flaming in a non-union way. This would not have made it to three posts on Fedex forum. Or show proof and I'll back off. GRIZZ

GoingInCircles profile shows Non-Union affiliation posting BS on a Union board. :Rulz:

The rules as far as I can tell state you cannot post anti union stuff in a union companies forum and union stuff in a non union companaies forum. I don't see anywhere where it says a non union employee can't post in a union forum

GoingInCircles profile shows Non-Union affiliation posting BS on a Union board. :Rulz:

I may be wrong in my assumption,but I think anyone can post on the Trucking Company forums,whether they are union or non...Its the union and non-union forums that have restrictions...:1036316054:

this in my opnion has nothing to do with union bashing,its about a company trying to stay alive.cf was doing all kind of crazy things before they went under.usf is backed into a corner.i agree 94 is a little high for a disccount,but they are under cutting us at olddomnion i do no this to be true.union non union its classic move for company that is struggling to stay open for business.

dont take my post the wrong way but the righting is on the wall,us non union companys do not need yrc to go under it will kill our wages and benefits

cf was not giving anymore discount than the other lines out there at that time if that was true we had it all why did we have city// linehaul men on layoff at the time we shut our doors there were a lot of shippers out there that said we were to low that we needed to give more. and i don't buy it at holland if they gave 94% they have it ALL. what hurts holland is the other drivers running into the shippers docks and running there mouths and saying things about holland and they don't know a darn thing about that the same things they did to us at CF but keep running that mouth it might come home to you someday i can bet who one of the leader is too

who do you think tells us what rates to give. duh we have one sales staff now they all have to pitch all brands under yrc. you listen to many **** lies.

Thats why gearraker you guys should go union.Then your wages would be protected.

no sir i will not work for union company,iam not on hear to bash union companys.this thread is about usf trying to stay alive.they are cutting rates big time i do no this to be true.i have alot of friends over there on layoff and dont want to c them loose there jobs.i also know that on last friday they missed over a hundred pick-ups,with guys being laid off that does not make since to me.

last friday they missed over a hundred pick-ups,with guys being laid off that does not make since to me.

A hundred pick ups? For Columbus, OH.? That is alot of stops!! Just think every city guy out picking up in CO. had to miss one or two apiece most likely. Sounds a bit far fetched to me!! But then again I could be wrong. Because I forgot someone told you this, that works there.