Holland | usf handing out 94% discounts wont operate well.

I'm moving to columbus to get a job w/fedex freight. Was wondering if I made a mistake by not trying to get in w/a yrc company. I think I have my answer now.

I also work in columbus and i can tell u snubb is not spreading b.s either. And every city driver should know what percentage discount each customer gets its printed on the bottom of the bill. The highest i have seen is 90 percent.

How does from Evansville IN to columbus OH 25000 lbs at $225.71 sound? Please look at any site and rate it and tell me what the impact is!

whats thre freight class and what is the fuel surcharge,alot of shippers are starting to put a cap on fuel.if thats 25,000 pounds that sucks are u sure its not 2,500

How does from Evansville IN to columbus OH 25000 lbs at $225.71 sound? Please look at any site and rate it and tell me what the impact is!

I'm really surprised they pick this order up! Sounds like a mistake to me because who wants to pay truck load rate with 58% fuel surcharge!

It was probably 2500# but was a typo on the DR. I get this alot where the weight was corrected in the computer but the new bill wasn't cut. They get billed the correct amount .
Drivers run accross these often and usually have a new bill cut.

And pertaining to the reweighs and the thread on the yellow board.... I caught a shipment nose loaded 3 weeks ago with the reweigh 12,697 penciled on the DR but the dockman didnt put it into the system. The bill showed 2460# with freight charges of about $200. Corrected bill shipped as weight 20,000. New charges were $1300.

REWEIGH REWEIGH REWEIGH! MY friends.
Lets not let profits slip thru the cracks.

no these are for real

I'm really surprised they pick this order up! Sounds like a mistake to me because who wants to pay truck load rate with 58% fuel surcharge!
these are for real rates no joke and no typeo this is what is going on out there. and keep reweighing because it helps me out

no sir i will not work for union company,iam not on hear to bash union companys.this thread is about usf trying to stay alive.they are cutting rates big time i do no this to be true.i have alot of friends over there on layoff and dont want to c them loose there jobs.i also know that on last friday they missed over a hundred pick-ups,with guys being laid off that does not make since to me.

And then a few posts down he admits Holland refused to hire him...I think i see his problem with USF Holland and the IBT.

iam not spreading lies,iam not a union basher,i have 2 guys i worked with for 10 yrs that went to holland that iam very good friends with.i wantded to work holland but did not get hired for some reason.and he has been laid off since november that is fact.yrc has ruined a good company and its a damm shame

There you go

iam not spreading lies,iam not a union basher,i have 2 guys i worked with for 10 yrs that went to holland that iam very good friends with.i wantded to work holland but did not get hired for some reason.and he has been laid off since november that is fact.yrc has ruined a good company and its a damm shame

Yellow has a reputation to keep up(Preston).:hide:

YRC Trailers Sales etc.

Does everyone in the system have equipment for sale?We in Des Moines Have 10 trailers and the same amount of tractors waiting for some fine owner to pickup with sold signs on them!, and we have to rent equipment to run the city operation, we ended with two reefers so we could put that hot overnight freight in. Sounds like a well oil machine

Does everyone in the system have equipment for sale?We in Des Moines Have 10 trailers and the same amount of tractors waiting for some fine owner to pickup with sold signs on them!, and we have to rent equipment to run the city operation, we ended with two reefers so we could put that hot overnight freight in. Sounds like a well oil machine

Yes, in LO there are a few trailers for sale. A O/O came after his Monday. He had to wait several hrs. We had it full of freight.

We dont have emtys and they are selling the ones that are. Or were.

We have some for sale also. We did have about 8 of our finest hooked to some of our finest trailers, with the numbers and name painted over. I think we only have two or three of each left though. I 'm hoping that they will reconsider their retirement. I want one of them assigned to me.:hysterical:

here you go gents class 60 freight 82% discount off Czarlite 1997 rates tell me what that equates to? I already know and I was just asking a question. You may be questioning my integrity but I have many friends that work for USF and also Family and your right I am on the other side of the fence but I am a rep and I know what the discounts are right now. I also have watched as usf has fallen as the best LTL out there and really feeling scared about what this says about trucking in general. So dont be mad at me I was just wondering how or when this was going to stop because the stores and businesses we deliver to dont give us a discount like this and we are all the ones to suffer U or NU.

I wouldn't stain my shorts over this. It could be a spot quote in a bad lane, rather then pull an empty. It could have been over the weekend too, rather then pull the empty miles. What is the mileage anyway. If true, I doubt it is a true indicator of Hollands overall rates
And another thing:
If there is really a 100 bills not being picked up, someone needs to get on the phone with corporate or tell the sales manager at the terminal. That stuff is not tolerated.

Sorry guys.

I brought the discounts up in my "was not sure where to post this" thread. I got some clarification this week. Holland cut Conway's rate by 60% on a Pa to Tn move. Not only that, but this added an extra day to the service of the freight. Worse yet, Holland cut a PJax rate on a Pa to Oh move with the same service time. I can't post the actual dollar amounts because that would be irresponsible, but Holland is cutting our INBOUND lane rates on outbound freight.

As a former union P&D guy, we went through this same thing in the months leading up to the shutdown of my former employer (Rudolf Express). Saw it happeing again while at K&R and I "bailed" just before they closed. Good luck.