Holland | Usf Holland C.o.o

at newpenn there is nothing to say. if holland does say close down northeast terminals, yes we might get first crack at accounts, but there is nothing to say we will get and keep thoses accounts. holland isnt merging with newpenn,like bestway/reddaway was. they would be just closeing some terminals that they think are not profitable, not saying any of this will happen, or predicting it will. but newwpenn would not be obligated to take any employees from holland unless say they bought the customer book and part of deal included hireing some employees. on the other hand, if accounts proved to increase freight volume where newpenn needed more employees to move added freight,im sure holland employees would be hired.
I don't understand why Land Air is still picking up Holland freight at stops that New Penn service in Lakewood NJ.

I don't understand why Land Air is still picking up Holland freight at stops that New Penn service in Lakewood NJ.
This happens in our area too,Land Air gets a lot of new england freight. Didn't The new Smid focus bulliten say Holland North east stays open ?

because holland like newpenn is wholly owned subsitiary of yrc. they are there own companys, period. they make there own decesions,with the some times un-wanted help of yrc.they operate seperately. holland uses land air to make p/u's most likely because they are cheap enough and give holland decent service, so holland can make a profit.newpenn isnt going to p/u freight for holland for free, or just because they are there, or even give them a discount, unless newpenn is makeing there own profit margins.just because we are both in regional group, doesnt mean we dont compete in some areas.after paying yrc there cut of the take, rest of profit gets invested back into newpenn.its why you see new trailers and tractors, forklifts, handheld computers, and anything else needed to keep us ahead of the competition.

So last night I picked up a trailer at roadway, indianapolis, and was told by hostler about interlining with land air. We at yellow don't interline with them. so what is the connection? Do we own land air?

Land Air

Here in SLC Yellow uses Land Air to interline hot shipments. Under the cover that the shipper requested Yellow to turn over for delivery.

I believe they were talking about Land Air Express of New England,which is a small regional ltl carrier in the norteast.

Benny our lay-off situation down here was caused due to #1 over-hiring #2 lost rev due to closures #3 the loss of freight due to undesirable accounts. Our bill count was reduced by 40% OB. To be honest our terminal will work better with a smaller board now that we are a eol terminal. Memphis needs to move some of these empty trls into the system that are just setting down here. They pulled almost all the closed term equipment to ME.

Holding Company!

If work is being moved from one subsidiary to another the union should demand transfers with seniority, its been done before!!!!
Just ask the guys at USF Holland in Little Rock, AR, Metter, GA, etc...or the guys at ALL the barns in Texas at USF Reddaway! The company came to them and said "we are closing these barns, we NO LONGER SERVICE these areas! They couldn't "follow the work" under the NMFA, because there was no more work! But in it's great generosity, these USF workers were given "preferential hiring status" at Yellow and Roadway! They have to start over, losing all accrued seniority, vacations, benefits, etc....YRC wanted to REDUCE THE FOOTPRINT of their regional companies! Too bad that FOOTPRINT is on the backs of many dedicated Teamster employees! Where's the IBT Freight Division on this B.S.?!:chairshot:

This happens in our area too,Land Air gets a lot of new england freight. Didn't The new Smid focus bulliten say Holland North east stays open ?

I know 2 men that are on layoff from new penn albany that are working at land air along with 2 men laid off from holland.Its putting food on there tabels and the bills paid .maybe they arenot as bad as everybody thinks.

Bad ? Maybe if we didn't interline with them nobody would be laid off- I thought this post was about closing holland terminals in ny pa ? Didn't Mike Smid say they were staying open ?

I think this thread was about a change of operations and I've been told that ABF,Yellow,Roadway,Holland are all getting ready for a major COO. I'd tell who my sources are but then I'd have to kill ya. Check my old post and see if I've misled anyone in the past with rumors.No BS just the facts. :1036316054:

I think this thread was about a change of operations and I've been told that ABF,Yellow,Roadway,Holland are all getting ready for a major COO. I'd tell who my sources are but then I'd have to kill ya. Check my old post and see if I've misled anyone in the past with rumors.No BS just the facts. :1036316054:

take it to the bank guys .... its coming...
by the way .... major c.o.o. ...... good post :1036316054:

Bad ? Maybe if we didn't interline with them nobody would be laid off- I thought this post was about closing holland terminals in ny pa ? Didn't Mike Smid say they were staying open ?

I think he said he sees no other closings .... but how good can he see?
:shades: :hysterical:

I hope your right. Good or bad. It may be the end of some of our jobs...Not our lives.
I have read that on here somewhere before.