Holland | Usf Holland C.o.o

My wife and I have been talking about the mess here at YRC for some time now. I'm at Holland. I think that they have no choice, but to make a major C.O.O. now. We have slipped so far, up here, that something surely needs changed. I have a lot of years invested here, but I am also tired of the horrible atmosphere that we work in. I will roll with whatever C.O.O. they come up with. Even if it costs me my job. I know people will come back with statements like... You better watch what you ask for. Thats Ok. I still will accept any C.O.O. I know that other companies have the same problems with a bad atmosphere and bad attitudes. That is the risk I am willing to take. I just want them to fix the problems, turn this company around, or put us out to pasture. We all will survive just fine either way. We all have exceptional skills at what we do here, or we wouldn't be here. We just want our skills utilized properly, which will secure our futures. Sometimes change can do people good. Pushing the reset button in your life CAN be a golden opportunity. I for one will capitalize on the chance for a positive change. Of course, I would like the company to get turned around soon. But, I , like most of you, want to be on a winning team. We are feeling like we are getting our butts kicked in the freight game, and we are not even allowed to get off the bench to showcase our skills,because our coaches won't even let us play. Whether it is here or at the current competition, we will soon be able to showcase our talent to someone who actually wants to see our best efforts.

My wife and I have been talking about the mess here at YRC for some time now. I'm at Holland. I think that they have no choice, but to make a major C.O.O. now. We have slipped so far, up here, that something surely needs changed. I have a lot of years invested here, but I am also tired of the horrible atmosphere that we work in. I will roll with whatever C.O.O. they come up with. Even if it costs me my job. I know people will come back with statements like... You better watch what you ask for. Thats Ok. I still will accept any C.O.O. I know that other companies have the same problems with a bad atmosphere and bad attitudes. That is the risk I am willing to take. I just want them to fix the problems, turn this company around, or put us out to pasture. We all will survive just fine either way. We all have exceptional skills at what we do here, or we wouldn't be here. We just want our skills utilized properly, which will secure our futures. Sometimes change can do people good. Pushing the reset button in your life CAN be a golden opportunity. I for one will capitalize on the chance for a positive change. Of course, I would like the company to get turned around soon. But, I , like most of you, want to be on a winning team. We are feeling like we are getting our butts kicked in the freight game, and we are not even allowed to get off the bench to showcase our skills,because our coaches won't even let us play. Whether it is here or at the current competition, we will soon be able to showcase our talent to someone who actually wants to see our best efforts.
great post and attitude nf ,I also will survive this and wish they (yrcw) would just pull the trigger already. All the speculation and rumors are killing us. just make the announcement of the c.o.o. and let us move on if we must!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

EXCELLENT POST !! I needed that today after looking at my terminals COO. Thank you!

in my opinion, i think that is why yrc wanted the u.e so bad is because they want yellow to be able to kick and pick like holland does, i may be wrong though

I don't like to speculate on what our future is. I can only recommend that you keep your nose clean, driving record clean, and your finances in order. At least then, you have not disqualified yourself from another company. By doing that, you have lots of other opportunities elsewhere. Then, if nothing bad happens here, your in great shape and live happily ever after. :1036316054:

I don't like to speculate on what our future is. I can only recommend that you keep your nose clean, driving record clean, and your finances in order. At least then, you have not disqualified yourself from another company. By doing that, you have lots of other opportunities elsewhere. Then, if nothing bad happens here, your in great shape and live happily ever after. :1036316054:

I agree well said. After Reddaway closed down here in Texas. Its taken me almost 2 months to get a job. But think god I was able to. Just be ready pay your bills and keep your eyes open and ears. For some other place to fall back on. I'm starting with FedEx Freight Mon. The only thing is I wish they were union. But its a job. So I'll run with it.

I agree well said. After Reddaway closed down here in Texas. Its taken me almost 2 months to get a job. But think god I was able to. Just be ready pay your bills and keep your eyes open and ears. For some other place to fall back on. I'm starting with FedEx Freight Mon. The only thing is I wish they were union. But its a job. So I'll run with it.
Congrats on the new job. I hope it goes well for you. Just go there with an open mind, do your job to the best of your ability, and take a positive aproach to the new relationships with your new co-workers. Best of luck to you Bro.:1036316054:

Excellent post. Wonderful attitude. I'm really naive, but I actually take the company at their word sometimes. They said they were going to go back to the basics with their regional carriers, namely Holland and Reddaway. They said they were going back to the original footprints, which they did. They say they are happy so far with the results. They knew five years ago that they needed to improve their service with their national carriers and came up with the PSE language to address that problem. It didn't go far enough and failed to some extent. They learned from their mistakes and created the UE language. This, unfortunately, is going to adversely affect the jobs of some line drivers. But if all goes well it should positively affect the whole company. There has been a lot of speculation on the Yellow forum, particularly, regarding the UE language. But I think it has been very straightforward. The COO's that have been posted do exactly what the new language suggested. This is an extremely competitive business, and these people have to be on their toes and react fast. Fortunately they didn't get mowed under while they attempted to make this work for the past five years. Now they have a chance to get it right and make it work for all of you. I hope they do. I get a little irritated at reading what a bunch of incompetents they are, and then see how extensive these COO's are. This took some organizing. This wasn't done on the spur of the moment. Let's hope this works for the whole company. I've got my fingers crossed.

NF
Great post
As far as the major C. O. O. goes. I don't think UE divers is very major.
I think something like combining the boards or creating new boards would be something major. To me "major" means changing our way of life. Even for those who keep thier jobs.

Good post Northern Flash.

I agree. Adding UE positions isn't MAJOR! It is like adding bids. They say "Major C.O.O." I think they have something much larger in mind. Time will tell. I just wish I had more time to wait and find out. I don't have much unemployement left. I just wish they would hurry the hell up, and anounce what they are gonna do, so we can move on.

Not Major ?? Depends on which side of the fence you're sitting I guess. If your a dock/city worker and they take anything four hundred miles or less and have utility men come together at barns between one anothers and switch or reload frt back to home term then I guess it would seem to be OK plus an extra dollar per hour. But with the linehaul driver that had that four hundred mile run and not enough wiskers to transfer then it would be another story. Plus it seems that after the initial offering of utility positions then after that the bids would be offered to local cartage only. Where does that leave the linehaul driver that was hauling that frt ?? Seems to me that if a linhaul man took a utility job and then at bid time got bumped he should be allowed back on the road from which he came. Barns with two senority list are also at a disadvantage compared to those that have a single board (example danville IL.)and a driver can go back and forth the same as a city/dock worker.
The sad fact of the matter is we have very little control or say in this matter and are just along for the ride. :smilie_132: