Holland | USF Holland To Combine Barns in Akron/Cleveland!?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Rumor has it that USF Holland will combine it's Cleveland terminal on Memphis Ave in Cleveland with it's Akron terminal on Massillon Rd in Green, and run them both out of the old CF terminal in Richfield. The old CF terminal has been empty since CF closed on Labor Day in 2002!

It was finally purchased by the company that owns Central Transport out of Michigan in November of 2005. Central boarded up the buildings, and it is rumored that they were waiting to resell the property as an investment. Recently we heard that Central was trying to cut a deal with YRC Worldwide to trade/sell the CF terminal for the Holland terminal on Memphis Ave in Cleveland. Central wants the Holland terminal on Memphis Ave because it's next to an intermodal yard, and Central wants to get into railing their trailers out of Cleveland.

It makes sense, and will save YRC Worldwide some money on the "synergies" of only having one terminal serve most of the Cleveland/Akron service area! Anybody heard anything about this?:cool:

I sure haven't but I will keep my ears open and do some calling! Maybe by the end of this week we will all have a better idea what's going on!

Some Activity At Old CF Barn In Richfield, Ohio

Several days ago two older model Central Transport 48 foot trailers were dropped in the yard at the old CF Barn in Richfield which is owned now by Central Transport's parent company out of Michigan! Not sure if the trailers are empty, have freight on them, or might have construction equipment on them for the refurbishing of the old barn. Rumor is still around about USF Holland moving in there, but another rumor has it that Roadway Express wants the barn to use as a "city terminal". We'll be watching!:wavey:

Work for roadway, and no clue. Next time I'm up that way I'll ask the boys about it. Maybe I can find some answers for ya.