Holland | USF let me go....

By the way, all approved applicant's get physical's and stress test. GRIZZ

That was what blew my mind.I passed all the requirements.I just think it was personal between me and X-Red Star management..Oh well worked out for me anyway.Being a shop steward who at least tried to find answers to all the mens questions probably didn't help either.

That was what blew my mind.I passed all the requirements.I just think it was personal between me and X-Red Star management..Oh well worked out for me anyway.Being a shop steward who at least tried to find answers to all the mens questions probably didn't help either.

I wish I had a steward that would do that for me!!! Try to find an answer to my questions that is. Anyone else that works for Holland I have a question. This pertains to the on call people, when you are called in for work are you allowed to pass or are you forced to take the start time and if you don’t take it they put you to the bottom of the call in board??? Meaning if you start with the bottom three men or women, you get what is left, they get first picks of areas. I know this is the only place in our local that does this; it is BS, major violation of seniority. I have a bid but this still fries my arse. So that is my question to anyone else that this might concern, if it doesn’t bother you then you must not care about your seniority.:smilie_132:

Stimpy-it depends on if you are talking about dock/city or road calls. A dock/city 10% can pass on a shift and come in on a later shift and still use his senority for choice of runs.I have also seen other barns that only offer a choice of start times,not runs but Indy isn't one of those.Road extra board men can sign for only two different preferences per day and can only take a second dispatch out of home after board has cleared for the first time.If preference isn't available than driver is given longest load available.

I just talking about the city board. We are the only company in our local that does this. When I refer back to my old company CF on this subject, they say that is why they are out of business, some times I would like to unload on them but it is not worth the time.

Stimpy, lets start-out by determining if these so called CALL-IN people are regular or casual. Our call-in board has no choice in what time or assignment they get. If a CASUAL tried to turn down work, they would be taking off the list permanently. At our barn starting times are bid according to seniority. Our choices are short or long trl or the longest run. Ok stimpy, after reading your post for the third time I guess you are saying the (on call people), which I can't imagine how that could work in an union job. We have on our bid sheet a job class called unassigned. But these men sign up for their time the previous day. Sounds bogus to me. GRIZZ

Wireman, it doesn't mean you're a winner. It probably means you're not an ex-employee of USF Red Star and your brown nose is stashed up the TM's butt.

You know I have been letting you vent for the past 2yrs or more since the shut down of Red Star. And I am sorry that a lot of good people lost their jobs. But you are the same bad attitude woman that has been *****ing :ranting2: for the last 2yrs about Holland. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror :loser: and thought that maybe my bad attitude :bigmouth: is the reason I was not hired. :GrowUp:

JJ And Superstar....

I don't blame yrc or new penn for closing red star,, sure, i vent like the rest of us that were screwed by the former management of USF I, for one,was never told "you're not holland material" because they never opened a terminal within 175 miles of here.I actually turned down a job atYellow, because I won't get out of bed for 15 bucks an hour...I did the 70% cutback for Signal Delivery in 1986,then again for Red star in 1989, so my feeling is, if you're not gonna pay the rate,don't waste my time...lets hope that bullchip gets removed from the next contract..:hide:

You're not letting me do a thing. Who decided to make you king anyhow? Everyone that worked at Red Star got the shaft from Holland one way or the other, even if they were hired by them. All one company???? That's a joke! By the way, were you there when I applied for a job at Holland? No, you weren't, so don't judge me. If you're going to pass judgement on me, then pass judgement on your own company because they treated 99% of the guys the same way.

You're not letting me do a thing. Who decided to make you king anyhow? Everyone that worked at Red Star got the shaft from Holland one way or the other, even if they were hired by them. All one company???? That's a joke! By the way, were you there when I applied for a job at Holland? No, you weren't, so don't judge me. If you're going to pass judgement on me, then pass judgement on your own company because they treated 99% of the guys the same way.

99% wow, then i guess those guys liked it cuz theres sure alot of them here......aww let me guess cuz they have to be......:smilie_132:

Wow we opened 8 terminals. How many employees would that account for? How about your local? Do they get any blame for their part in this fiasco? In the southern conference our local would have got you on despite your past run-ins with management. Lets see 2000 people lost their jobs. Opened 8 barns. Something doesn't add up here. Also JJ wasn't passing judgement on you, its your posts that speak for you. And you all that talk so bad about Holland, don't know what your missing. GRIZZ

We have four star guys at our place, yes they had to go through the progression as agreed by the union and company, but they all seem to be happy to be back to work. They are a group of nice people, none are disgruntled, it does really suck starting over again, but a lot of us had to do it. Myself and one other CF man from our terminal got lucky enough to be hired. Out of the 26 drivers at our terminal for CF only two of us were hired. What sucks for the other CF guy is that he had 26 or 27 years with the company, he was getting jacked around not working everyday so he went to work for ABF. I stayed at Holland, and got put on, the other guy came back and was put on below me, now tell me that wouldn’t suck. He had more of a tough time with starting over than myself, but now is settled in. My point here is it takes time to get back to full rate once your back to full rate it seems to get better. Also a lot of those other CF drivers were not Holland material either according to Holland, But there is no since to be upset with the Holland drivers for it, it would be like me being upset to the Conway drivers for CF closing. The Conway drivers have nothing to do with it. Sorry I will get off my soap box now.

DamnitRay I believe his post was referring to the one from Jeff S. being Ex-RedStar driver and he still blames Holland for everything that happens or goes on at USF (NOW YRCW).
jj I guess I was confussed...this thing started out about Reddaway then 5 post later Holland got brought into this...I must be getting to old, can't keep up with this *** any more...I ain't gonna get into this RedStar vs Holland...Its over and done with, they need get over it and get on with there life...

Very good post Stimpy. Like Jeff stated early, the starting over at 75% should be taken out. Besides ABF we all work for the same company. If that were to take place, maybe some of the cut-throat tactics these companies attempt would stop. GRIZZ

Thanks Grizz, By the way those lawnmowers you guys are sending up, some are getting mess up. I delivered one the other day the crate was destroyed, we unpacked it and it was fine. But one with a mower deck sitting on top, was damaged the crates looked great, but steering shaft was bent go-fig. Later Stimpy.

WOW.............. there sure are some very nasty posts here tonight? Hey guys, it is Easter weekend you know. I just can't feel the love for your fellow teamsters?

Like Grizz said nobody is passing judgement on you but your own post!! You have blamed everyone on this web site and the old Red Star web site for You not finding another union job. The Local union in Buff., Holland and just about everyone else you can think of. You have been on this site under another name and on the old Red Star web page too. If I remember correctly you insulted the guy running the Red Star web page to the point you were almost banned from it. It has been over two yrs, time to move on and get a grip on life. Life is way to short to go through it with your attitude or outlook!!:smilie_132:

By the way have a good Easter and look forward to a beautiful summer right around the corner. Just don't look out doors right now at the SNOW in APRIL and it is not a APRIL FOOLS JOKE either.

:hysterical:
Aren't you past due for your quarterly bath? Or, is that semi-annual now?

Look isn't it time you grow up. Your not at RS doing :butt kiss: anymore. I asume this because 2 years and your still :realmad:. And as a ex-RS employee my self I do like working for HME. Good money and we are all treated equal. NO HOG BOARD. Everybody has the opertunity to make a living. Oh by the way I lost many jobs so if I took your attiude at 2 years I would have 16 more years of crying to go.:biglaugh: