USF shutdown

The one closing in Ok City is the former North Star house. US did away with the North Star name during rebranding. Neither house in Ok City are Union. We were told in Dallas that they had lost a large account and did not have enough business to keep it open. We were also told that the former North Star house in Conroe, TX would be closed. The North Star house in Dallas (Mesquite) was closed in 2008. We are running chain accounts out of Garland along with regular street accounts. We are running chain accounts to Albuquerque,NM. Brownsville TX and Hattiesburg MS out of Garland (Dallas). North Star was US Foods version of Sygma. I guess US needs some lessons from Sysco.

well, at least they have affects bargaining. oh wait, you only get to do that at a union shop. that's ok, i'm sure the company will help them out with a good severance package, lol.......

They shut the northstar house in MN about 5 years ago and just expanded there other house. They did offer to move any employee over to there plymouth location. I know it was a struggle at first to move and get all the extra product in the warehouse but once they were done they really didnt miss a beat and said it was no problem to ship out the extra cases and the boss said it saved them BIG money.

Yeah I remember when they did that. You drive for USfoodds in Plymouth? I applied there a couple years ago. I use to talk to alot of there drivers on my food service routes.