Yellow | Usf

a 62% over price was paid to buy usf on a short term note.taking accounting in college i told ever one in the the break room we were going bankrupt because we could not pay that back from a company that made marginal profits.Zollars, a classic ego mania CEO,whom destroys companies from his illusions of grandeur.have fun in hell.:flame::flame::flame:

I Agree with you, Yellow overspent for USF. they should not have borrowed and paid 1.4 b for usf.
But you will not find a single Holland employee who was happy about it.
The employees did not want to be owned, or operated by Yellow. But that is something we had no control over, just try to make the best of the situation.
Holland owned most of their terminals and equipment. But not no more.
I watched yellow drivers come to our terminal and take New Holland tractors and they were re-labeled yrc or yellow.
these tractors had 8000 miles on them.
I could go on but wont. Not looking for a argument just stating what I've seen.
Holland o.r. was approx. 87.0 b4 being bought. Now were at 97.0 approx.

Point is Holland employees didn't ask for this.
The same with Roadway,New penn, Reddaway, and the usf companies that were closed.
The Yellow employees didn't ask for this either.

So if they did ever separate the companies, who would survive and who would fail.
I'm betting Holland would survive.
It would depend on how much of the debt Holland takes with them!
I thought Holland was a losing money and Rogers turned it around 87or when was that?

Exactly That is why so many who work for the regionals is so p@&%(d off. WE TURN A PROFIT ONLY TO SEE IT GO AND PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKES. Especially NPME employees who are basically trapped in this situation.

all loans are owned by and paid for by YRCW from the profits of the companies they own.
they do not come out of yrc
operating cost.
Yrc is not making a profit.

EXACTLY! That is why so many people who work for the regionals is so P O'd. They turn a profit and it goes to pay for someone else"s mistakes. Especially NPME employees.

EXACTLY! That is why so many people who work for the regionals is so P O'd. They turn a profit and it goes to pay for someone else"s mistakes. Especially NPME employees.

Kind of like us working folks being taxed to help pay for all the lazy slugs in society, but then I digress! :smile:

How many of you guys remember the state of Reddaway when Roadway and Yellow merged. I seem to recall that they were losing so much money that nobody knew what to do with them. I guess the solution was to shift freight to them and exploit their non-union workers at the expense of Teamster jobs. Then it justifies buying them new equipment (look at the new equipment in the non-union yards and compare it to the Teamster barns) so we can still manipulate the books enough to come back to the IBT crying about not making money. Do some research and find out why they paid more than USF was really worth, see why Rogers looked like a genius there but not here, track down the accounts that Freight used to handle but the regionals now service. Gee fellas, how did the regionals start turning a profit? Reddaway is our Conway.

I remember the state of Reddaway and the USF brand, and when YRC bought them their freight and profits were climbing and Reddaway was kicking YRC's A$$ in the Western regional market, That is why YRC wanted them.

USF Corporation Reports First Quarter Results; Strong Demand Fuels LTL Profit Growth | Business Wire

I cant think of 1 Reddaway driver or employee that was around before YRC bought them that would not love for YRC to sell them including me.

YRC= YELLOW RUINS COMPANIES

Most of YRCW’s problems are systematic. They refuse to listen to their employees!!!! Each and every employee is an expert in the job he/she does. YRC refuses to recognize that fact. YRC management continues to….DICTATE DOWN. They refuse to… LISTEN UP. If they would learn to LISTEN UP to their employees, we (YRC) would be profitable, again.

Most employees I have spoken to (both management and union) agree that if management above them would just LISTEN to their ideas and suggestions, we (YRC) would be able to save ½ hour to 1 hour per day of labor cost alone; this does not include operational costs such as fuel, equipment wear and tear , etc.

This cost savings (not including non-labor operational costs) would have contributed $1.32 billion to the bottom line of the company per year. LISTEN UP, that means that in one (1) year, practically all of our (YRC’s) long-term debt would have been paid off and we would have been debt free and profitable.

So don’t blame the union for your inability to LISTEN (to your employees--your most valuable assets) and return to profitability.

If that's the case then why are all the regionals running at 95 and YRC running at 105.9. I'm not a genius but it seems to me YRC is the problem

Most employees I have spoken to (both management and union) agree that if management above them would just LISTEN to their ideas and suggestions, we (YRC) would be able to save ½ hour to 1 hour per day of labor cost alone; this does not include operational costs such as fuel, equipment wear and tear , etc.

This cost savings (not including non-labor operational costs) would have contributed $1.32 billion to the bottom line of the company per year..

Not discounting your thoughts about people listening, just bringing to your attention the math involved.

$1.32BB divided by 35000 employees is $37,714 PER EMPLOYEE. You aren't getting anywhere near that saving 1 hour a day. That should give you a better visual of just how much debt this company is in.

Not discounting your thoughts about people listening, just bringing to your attention the math involved.

$1.32BB divided by 35000 employees is $37,714 PER EMPLOYEE. You aren't getting anywhere near that saving 1 hour a day. That should give you a better visual of just how much debt this company is in.

Then I guess I'm done giving I've already paid my share!!!

If that's the case then why are all the regionals running at 95 and YRC running at 105.9. I'm not a genius but it seems to me YRC is the problem

From my Preston days I learned that Yellow always shifted costs to whichever division they wanted to look bad from month to month. Just like Preston- once Yellow bought Holland, they mortgaged all your property and reassigned you with the debt of your own purchase. Regionals Should operate in the 80s.....

YRC paid $1.47bil for USF
YRC owes $1.4bil to the banks
So feel free to make an offer to spin off USF
Put your money where your mouth is!
YRC makes plenty of money we just have to give it all to the banks in interest
No USF purchase no debt

Thank you bill zollars

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Really? He got millions to mess us up, millions more. to retire . yrc guys work for reduced. wages and say management. is dumb. which is really smarter?
Guess one has to decide if it was done on purpose or Zollars just came out smelling like a Rose. I don't give him that much credit. :shrug: