Estes | Utility driver rumor ????

Our utility guys make alot of money. They work crazy shifts though. Dont you get max pay?

Yes.If they are topped out...As well they should...I never understood and probably never will understand, about the split -pay...Hub drivers make less per mile,but do the same thing...They work the dock,yes...But if that's what you bid on that's what you do...FedEx, Conway,Cooper and all the rest don't have a split-pay for their drivers...Except for teams...

Yes.If they are topped out...As well they should...I never understood and probably never will understand, about the split -pay...Hub drivers make less per mile,but do the same thing...They work the dock,yes...But if that's what you bid on that's what you do...FedEx, Conway,Cooper and all the rest don't have a split-pay for their drivers...Except for teams...
I guess they dont want to pay the hub guys top dollar because we are just barely showing a profit. These other outfits must be operating in the negative since they haul the same stuff for the same price.

Well, well....Where's all the purchased transportation they had running from ATL to MSP and KCK? Seems that's not working out too well for'em? Company teams that they laid off 2 years ago would have gladly ran that freight... They weren'r scared of the winters up there,were they....

listened to a window clerk one night, explaining to someone else.... that shipment is being hauled by covenant, and will most surely be late. I guess it's a matter of what one is willing to put with, for what price, cuz this was one potential unhappy customer.

ACTUALLY I think its a coorperate thing to keep tight lip just about all they do. I think it is pretty wild to listen to rumors which gets peoples blood pressure up then to find out nothing happend.. And yes there are alot of these drivers here that just love to get those big rumors going. And for any one driver that says he's got the inside scoop is totally wrong. And that goes for the reliable sources. Unless you are talking directly to Rob Estes your source is not reliable. But about the bids, I really think and there I go thinking but were waiting to see what happens to the log book changes if any. That is my 2 cents,,,,,,If it changes alll runs will change......If not runs should stay the same and possibley get a few added here and there. But the wait for pay raises and bid runs make this place a good place to work. suspence.......Or all you rumor control agents could be working for the over the road giants and sitting in some corner waiting on frieght to get loaded or unloaded. I perfer driving here.Beachboy out of water......

has anyone payed attention to this one ? he makes LESS money to do the SAME job = UTILITY DRIVER..... I told you my source was VERY RELIABLE. She actually proved it to me. This new postion is saving estes TONS of money!!!!!! maybe now we can all get a raise ??????

has anyone payed attention to this one ? he makes LESS money to do the SAME job = UTILITY DRIVER..... I told you my source was VERY RELIABLE. She actually proved it to me. This new postion is saving estes TONS of money!!!!!! maybe now we can all get a raise ??????
I still dont understand what your saying. They make the same money as every one else. I know for a fact our U guys make as much if not more than the average linehauler

On the memo I seen 5 job classes
Teams
Linehaul
Shuttle
City
P&d
I didnt see the word utility anywhere and dont know the difference between P&d and City

Does Shuttle work the dock? If so thats what I would like, but only in the summer when its warm, in the winter I want the heater blowing on me, I despise a cold dock!!!

Mildew, can you talk to Mr. Rob and make it so?

Preciate it Bro!

Shuttle drivers do it all. I'll get Rob to assign you a heated lift
PART_1321069311743.jpg

Well, Mr.Einstein, what's the difference between "shuttle" and "hub driver"?:17142:
Don't know but the memo had those hub guys listed as shuttle. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between p&d and city. Who write that memo by the way? It couldn't have been anyone thats been any kind of assistance to the blue color world whatsoever

Don't know but the memo had those hub guys listed as shuttle. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between p&d and city. Who write that memo by the way? It couldn't have been anyone thats been any kind of assistance to the blue color world whatsoever

I think it's Junior, 5 minutes after not having a cigarette...