Estes | Utility, linehaul, or hub

sidewinder

TB Lurker
Credits
can anyone tell me what the difference is, utility, linehaul. &hub.also about the pay.. b4 when i worked in ltl for other carriers it was either p&d or linehaul.thanks

When I did my interview I was told linehaul is point to point no dockwork, hub is point to point W/ dockwork, but depending on where you go you wont make as much money. I believe I was told a utility driver can be used anytime for any job. If I am wrong someone with more time please correct me.

That's right dlance. I've seen hub drivers do well on longer trip with a couple of hours on the dock. We used to have a 500+ mile turn hub run. The decesion on linehaul, p&d or utility pretty much depends on what terminal you run out of. I would run extraboard at a smaller terminal with a few scheduled runs. I would pick utility at a big terminal with many scheduled runs. P&d is ok if you have to see mommy every night.

Sidewinder, I took an extraboard linehaul for money reasons if it weren't for the money I would have taken the hub position that was available. I am not sure where you are or what the P & D equipment looks like, but after 1 week in p&d I know i made the right choice.

Utiltiy, Combo, line haul, hub, extra board......to many titles