Yellow | utlility question

electraglideatl

TB Veteran
Credits
i was awarded charleston sc as a utilitydriver.....anyone know for sure when i can bid off and go into the city operation?.....i have heard rumors it will be january but i thought you could bid into the city when they bid in october.....sure would appreciate some insight........:1036316054:

bidding

Was told by B.A. that utility man has utility bid until at least January.This was agreed to by the union and the company in the revised change of operations.You will be on the city seniority roster,just have to be the utility ***** the first bid.LOL

They COO langage says UE can't be bumped till January but does not say he could'nt leave volintarily before then. Maybe I'm reading to much into it and there is a understanding that we're not privy too.

UE

I was also looking into this.
I am from NJ and Item #5 on Page 7 of the revised Utility decision says that if they are bidding into an Eastern region location with single line seniority they must stay in that position 1 year or at least 9 mos from the date of implementation to the next annual bid.

For example we bid road once a year starting April 1st.
So If they Implement on July 13th 9 mos would be April 13th which would be after the 9 mo minimum and after our April 1st bid.So the UE's transferring into my barn would not be allowed to bid the road till April 1, 2010.

I think they will be allowed to bid into the city and the end of April though.

I know I probably just added more info than you wanted :hide:

Head steward in indy said they can't be bumped but they can bid off first chance they get and he will fight for that because the change never said they can't bid off, just can't be forced off till after jan.