FedEx Freight | Vacation Bidding

Crazy Trucker

Busting Clowns daily!!!!
Credits
Just wondering how the bigger centers bid. Do they give a time limit to each driver? The reason I ask is because, I'm at smaller center (12 road and 28 city) and these guys on city board take forever to bid. Our first guy took 2 weeks second took a week etc etc. Our road guys are about done and were on the 5th city driver.

We have 45 city drivers and around 25 road drivers. The city drivers all have to fill out their requests for full weeks and turn them in around Christmas. Then the ops manager goes by seniority and approves them. Our road drivers go in to the outbound ops manager's office and picks their weeks one at a time by seniority.

We have 45 city drivers and around 25 road drivers. The city drivers all have to fill out their requests for full weeks and turn them in around Christmas. Then the ops manager goes by seniority and approves them. Our road drivers go in to the outbound ops manager's office and picks their weeks one at a time by seniority.

Our scm just puts full calender out, one for road and one for city, then no one pays any attention after it's out. Lol

Get the rule book out.
If vacation bidding timelines aren’t there I’d be really surprised.

There in nothing online as far as how long each individual driver has to choose vacation. This is my point there needs to be a policy added to prevent what happens at my center every year. My scm puts calender out every year at same time about second week of December and we usually finish choosing in February.

If I’m not mistaken there is a certain date to which the vacation calendar must be completed. We always bid our full weeks vacation at the same time as the Dec bi-annual bid, therefore we’re always done before the new Jan bid starts.

There in nothing online as far as how long each individual driver has to choose vacation. This is my point there needs to be a policy added to prevent what happens at my center every year. My scm puts calender out every year at same time about second week of December and we usually finish choosing in February.

There is certainly a policy on this. H/R and the Hotline can help move the process along.

Employees deserve the respect of having requests returned in a timely manner. Scheduling, booking, etc. all depend on securing dates.

Deadlines apply. There is no unlimited amount of time available to select. By now the bid should be complete, and down to individual day selection.

I recall similar neglect in this area, in the past. H/R was helpful. Also worth noting individual day requests also require timely reply. When pressed on the issue, H/R said requests are to be return within 24 hours. 48 max.

Shocked no other center has this issue. Hmmmmmmm

Oh, I can promise you, your Center is NOT the only one.

Any other Centers using the new time clocks to submit vacation on?
I saw them attempting to use this method the other morning while in ATL, what a joke!! The dispatcher and driver spent at least 15 mins trying to put in for vacation to no avail!! The worst part was after about 5 secs of no input the Kronos would kick them out and they’d have to start all over...I bet they tried at least 20 times while I stood there waiting on bills.

There is certainly a policy on this. H/R and the Hotline can help move the process along.

Employees deserve the respect of having requests returned in a timely manner. Scheduling, booking, etc. all depend on securing dates.

Deadlines apply. There is no unlimited amount of time available to select. By now the bid should be complete, and down to individual day selection.

I recall similar neglect in this area, in the past. H/R was helpful. Also worth noting individual day requests also require timely reply. When pressed on the issue, H/R said requests are to be return within 24 hours. 48 max.

Agreed....we’ve already moved on to full weeks banked and they’re now accepting single day request as well. :1036316054:

Thanks for info, unfortunately were no where near being done. The schedule has been out a month and 8 guys have picked on city, still have 22 or so to go. I guess I'm going to have make a call to hr or hotline. We go through it every year and it's getting old.

I saw them attempting to use this method the other morning while in ATL, what a joke!! The dispatcher and driver spent at least 15 mins trying to put in for vacation to no avail!! The worst part was after about 5 secs of no input the Kronos would kick them out and they’d have to start all over...I bet they tried at least 20 times while I stood there waiting on bills.
Were you on the clock waiting for your paperwork?
RC is never impatient while on the clock.
Perhaps some mediation classes might help. Ommmmmmm

Thanks for info, unfortunately were no where near being done. The schedule has been out a month and 8 guys have picked on city, still have 22 or so to go. I guess I'm going to have make a call to hr or hotline. We go through it every year and it's getting old.
Just to clarify, the policy on response time for vacation requests (24/hrs) does not apply during the bid process. It applies to simple vacation request forms, separate and apart from the bid process.

Last edited: