ABF | Vacation BS will be this contracts down fall

driver050319

TB Lurker
Credits
IMO there are problems with this TA but if the company and the Teamsters would have just fixed the vacation issue it would have passed.
The latest word is you start earning your vacation after your anniversary date which means most won't get it until late this year or next and that is BS.
Take this example. From 04/25/2011 to 04/25/2012 one week was "accrued". From 04/25/2012 to 04/25/2013 the second week was being "accrued" but due to the last contract "accrual" ended on 04/01/2013. So 25 days from a 2nd week.
If they would have let 04/01/2018 to 04/25/2018 add the 25 days to where the "accrual" ended and restore the week then I believe it would have passed, so not only did we lose a vacation we lost the "accrual" time we had built up.
Yes, that means within one year everyone would receive a weeks vacation. What is the cost of that? Let's see 8000 employees, roughly about $1000.00 a week for vacation so $8,000,000. We saved Arcbest $8,000,000 a year for 5 years on vacation ALONE.
I doubt if Judy or Ernie will ever read this but when this fails this will be the reason. How long with ABFs doors closed does it take to lose $8,000,000?

The way it was explained to me was everyone lost 5 weeks. I lost 4 weeks vacation durring the last contract ( 1 week each year for 4yrs) because my supplement has a 60% rule. I will now not be eligible to gain my additional week until I loose the 5th week (2019). It sucks; yes sir I hate it.

Don't be surprised if that week's vacation back isn't offered up immediately if and when this proposal is rejected... the IBT and the company have been monitoring the social media very close and already have a good idea of what would make it pass the second time around. But that's just my humble opinion.

I agree with you Docker and I think the fact that they will offer that up will just **** me off more!

Just like buying a car the first offer isn't the best but this isn't a car it is people's lives.

I saw Von talked to some of the guys at 050 and they all said they would vote "yes". I am not sure about that.

It's a lot like the politicians do with taxes, give the newest guys their vacation right away, the older guys don't care because they have plenty of vacation but the middle class "i mean employees" let's stick it to them.

I agree with you Docker and I think the fact that they will offer that up will just **** me off more!

Just like buying a car the first offer isn't the best but this isn't a car it is people's lives.

I saw Von talked to some of the guys at 050 and they all said they would vote "yes". I am not sure about that.

It's a lot like the politicians do with taxes, give the newest guys their vacation right away, the older guys don't care because they have plenty of vacation but the middle class "i mean employees" let's stick it to them.

I sure hope they don't accept this proposal because if they do... they will only have themselves to blame. And we all know what the IBT will be saying when the members finally realize they screwed themselves and start to complain on down the road... "well... you guys voted for it"!!!

Vacation should be reinstated the day it's signed period .if not then it's NO !! as they TOOK away our weeks vacation right away , they didn't wait no damn year !! Just remember it's just like dealing with a crooked used car salesmen , you NEVER take 1st offer !! always a 2nd offer on selling it to you !

Don't be surprised if that week's vacation back isn't offered up immediately if and when this proposal is rejected... the IBT and the company have been monitoring the social media very close and already have a good idea of what would make it pass the second time around. But that's just my humble opinion.
Just the facts ma'am???

Just the facts ma'am???
Oh... I see... you want to start playing your games again now... well... lets just see how long you last this time around...lol

Nope... you didn't last long at all... which was a shame too because you started off all sincere and all...

2388105663.png

IMO there are problems with this TA but if the company and the Teamsters would have just fixed the vacation issue it would have passed.
The latest word is you start earning your vacation after your anniversary date which means most won't get it until late this year or next and that is BS.
Take this example. From 04/25/2011 to 04/25/2012 one week was "accrued". From 04/25/2012 to 04/25/2013 the second week was being "accrued" but due to the last contract "accrual" ended on 04/01/2013. So 25 days from a 2nd week.
If they would have let 04/01/2018 to 04/25/2018 add the 25 days to where the "accrual" ended and restore the week then I believe it would have passed, so not only did we lose a vacation we lost the "accrual" time we had built up.
Yes, that means within one year everyone would receive a weeks vacation. What is the cost of that? Let's see 8000 employees, roughly about $1000.00 a week for vacation so $8,000,000. We saved Arcbest $8,000,000 a year for 5 years on vacation ALONE.
I doubt if Judy or Ernie will ever read this but when this fails this will be the reason. How long with ABFs doors closed does it take to lose $8,000,000?
Its called GREED & lack of negotiating skills!