SAIA | vacation

Looks like they will make another profit at the demise of the employees. Here's a thought for Saia to ponder. Layoff all the employees, pay them unemployment and SAVE even more money. I pity each and every worker at Saia. I wish they all, but one could find new jobs.

If this was something one of our bean counters made up, I would be pissed. But other companies do vacation this well...UPS (iirc), Averitt, etc. It's just a change. I suppose I would also be upset if I were near retirement or planning on leaving.

I guess what you all fail to realize, is that we worked this whole year and lost all gained Vacation time... You and I accrued 0 vacation for 2009.. I lost 3600 dollars in Vacation, which I would have gotten this Jan 2010. This is how they are saving money...
you are 100% right

We do this at Averitt. This prevents guys from getting a new job early in the year and taking all their vacation before they turn in their notice.

i wouldn't have any problems with them changing to this system if they gave us the vacation that we earned the first 2/3's of the year

yeah they could have paid us something for it. Most people at my terminal dont even realize how we are getting screwed. Looks like it could be a setup to layoff some of the people that have been there awhile. Looks like we could have saved as much if we cut part time vacation and holiday pay..

yeah they could have paid us something for it. Most people at my terminal dont even realize how we are getting screwed. Looks like it could be a setup to layoff some of the people that have been there awhile. Looks like we could have saved as much if we cut part time vacation and holiday pay..

good point on the p/t'ers I hadn't thought about.

Yeah not to mention they could have given them a pay cut (like 4 to 5 bucks an hour) and it would still be a good part time job but they way they try to screw the full time dock with the pt, it would probably be alot worse then lol.

Layoffs are coming there just setting up to layoff and this time they want owe anyone vacation time the could save 100,000 of thousands. If all yall would just spread the word let everyone around you know the real inner thinkings of this evil empire. Then maybe as a whole something can be done.

Thats the ones that cant see around because of the blinders they have on its like the 401k alot would also say well that doesnt effect me because I dont use the 401k its the ignorance of there own self.

Yeah not to mention they could have given them a pay cut (like 4 to 5 bucks an hour) and it would still be a good part time job but they way they try to screw the full time dock with the pt, it would probably be alot worse then lol.

And yet no one see's what is getting ready to hit them square in the face with the part timers. THINK PEOPLE. THINK!

this way they can have a layoff in January and not have to pay vacation pay to thise people they AX. The took a years vacation from us basically. We used to earn them in advance, now we earn them as we go. The 11million in savings is the vacation that we earned that they are not paying us. Now it's pay as you go. It's basically a one time big savings and in the future when they fire and layoff they won;t owe us what we had traditionally earned the year before.

Bend over the screwing aint over yet layoffs is next step I would bet rick is getting his deals but F the little guy the company is nothing like it was when Mr Saia owned it good luck yall