Estes | vacation

I think you get so many hours a month based on length of service. After your 2nd year your eligible for 80 hours but you don't actually earn it until 12 months. (the last day of your 3rd year) If you worked here 3 years and 6 months and didn't use any days. You should get 40 hours extra pay. If you used both weeks, they'll take a weeks pay (I think)

So after 1 year of service you get 1 week, and a week at the end if your second year, then at the end of 3 you get 2? Is it an average of your previous years earnings or an hourly rate? Con-way pays 40 hours at a slightly higher rate than your normal hourly rate, but the Linehaul drivers take it in the shorts when they take time off.

After 1 year, you earn a weeks vacation during your second year. You must use it by the end of that year, you can't carry any over and they will not buy it from you. You are earning it as the year goes along, so unless you use it all the last week before your anniversary date, you are in the hole to the company. I've talked to lots of people about this and none of them have ever heard of another company with a set up like this. You normally earn your vacation the previous year for the following year. But if you do have some time earned on the books, they will pay you for it.

You accrue vacation throughout the year. If you take it all and quit before you finish the year, you have to pay it back. If you quit and have accrued vacation, they'll pay it out to you.

If you get 2 weeks, you accrue like an hour and a half a week. Just divide the hours you get per year by 52.

My anniversary date is July so I always take my vacation in May or June. That way they can only take back 3 or 4 weeks if I leave or they dump me. Since it's use it or lose it thing here it also isn't wise to wait till just before your hire date to take the time off. There might not be anything available, then you're screwed.

You accrue vacation throughout the year. If you take it all and quit before you finish the year, you have to pay it back. If you quit and have accrued vacation, they'll pay it out to you.

If you get 2 weeks, you accrue like an hour and a half a week. Just divide the hours you get per year by 52.

How do they figure it up for the line drivers?

if you dont take it you loose it and i never heard of anybody when they quit getting there unused vac. money back.you also have one year after you accrew it then you loose it. it almost happened to me. complained enough and they let me take it before i lost it

The policy manual says they pay out what you've accrued if you leave. In some states it's the law.

They figure up your average weekly pay for the year, divide it by 40 hours a week, and pay you that. It tops out at $30 an hour.