Vacation

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Hi everyone, I'm on vacation the week of the 4th, I need a break from these days, the heat is a killer, I've sorta been laying back and I can't believe how dead the foodservice section has become, I don't know what to do to help things out, I have told guys, I put the TB stickers on all my vehicles, if any of you guys have any ideas I sure would like to see you put them in place, it would be nice if we had an active forum.

It seems this forum goes in spurts, it sure would be nice to come here everyday and see new posts, I'm just out of ideas, even the views have slowed down.

Your friend,

GT

Once I find time to take a leak, I might find time to post more. Check back with me in a week .

I agree GT. We use to have more until we lost it the first time or we moved and had to register to be members again. Im sure we could get it going but most people here at truckingboards are ltl guys

I agree GT. We use to have more until we lost it the first time or we moved and had to register to be members again. Im sure we could get it going but most people here at truckingboards are ltl guys

I agree Brother, and like Double R said he is busy, we are too, this is supposed to be the slow time, we are slammed here, IDK, I have been on here on and off for so long, since Gutterbum owned it, I'm just committed, it has become part of my life, I forget that other people have lives.

Paula is bringing back her friends 13 yr old boy from Florida, her friend was in a bad car accident, she goes to court to get guardianship on tues, the boy has no where else to go, so we are taking him in, I guess when he gets here my posting will probably slow down a bit too. I hope I can find time, Paula is always complaining I'm on here to much, I will just have to see how it plays out.

GT sorry to hear about your girl's friend. I got my app in at both US foods and PFC. Which would be the best? I have a friend that is a manager at PFC.

GT sorry to hear about your girl's friend. I got my app in at both US foods and PFC. Which would be the best? I have a friend that is a manager at PFC.

Bubba, is it Performance Foodservice? Formaly Performance Food Group if so what location, I don't want to out you so you can PM me location and I can get you a ball park on pay rate, I know in my experience US Foodservice pays more than PFS, or the old PFG, however, I loved working for PFG, the only reason I'm at Sysco is because I had to move back to Tulsa OK, PFG, sorry PFS wasn't willing to put a truck in Tulsa, I even told them I would meet a shuttle in Muskogee if they would pay me to do it, instead they run a truck up from McAlester or Checotah OK, insane miles! Let me know Bubba, I will help you in any way I can.

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for being here, we have alot of info and we are all here for each other, don't be shy, like I said we are here to help!!

First GT: Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's friend.

LOOK! I found time. Of course it would be on the holiday, well I'm at the hotel EATING PIZZA;scratch that, just finished the pizza. Both Domino's and Papa John's deliver here as well as Pizza Hut. I can see Papa John's and Pizza Hut from the back of the hotel. :)

Now we should start to slow down until the end of August. will even be able to post on the weekends, the old man is getting internet at the new summer place :)

Thats funny Double R, everytime I stayed in a hotel I always got Pizza and ate the whole thing and couldn't sleep I was so full...LOL, I kinda miss motels for work.

Active forums will attract people, no one posts in dead forums, you have to keep posting good stuff that relates to your job and people will find you through google, post jobs or where they are hiring be specific about the job, the company and the industry.
Tell a few guys at work, write the website down and tell them to put in their wallet where they keep their money or they will forget the name of the site.

I expanded the view on your forums to help ....

GT it is PFG sorry. Not worried about being outted. I just want a good paying job. I not afraid of hard work done it all my life.
The ad for PFG said Huntsville- Florance both in Alabama. I guess it out of Huntsville and you work Florance.
USF just said Huntsville. Like I said earlier I have a friend thats a area manager at PFG. He called his boss that does the hiring and said he had two guys he was looking at. Jim told him just wait he had a guy for him.
Its doesn't matter to me I know both pay better than I getting now.

I agree Brother, and like Double R said he is busy, we are too, this is supposed to be the slow time, we are slammed here, IDK, I have been on here on and off for so long, since Gutterbum owned it, I'm just committed, it has become part of my life, I forget that other people have lives.
Gutterbum never owned Truckingboards but Gutterbum owned 2 sites , first was afassociates.com (I think) then he bought freighthauler.com , Gutterbum was a very religious person and did not like the direction the forums were going, He was going to shut them down, I asked if he would link to a free forum I setup to keep people from losing touch. (This was Dec 5 1999) we did that a couple of years and then I bought Truckingboards.com in 2002, I am sure you know (Gutterbum) Fred passed away earlier this year after a courageous battle with cancer. I bought Freighthauler.com from Fred for exactly what he asked for it, he said he offered it to me because he wanted it to be in good hands.
Fred's sites were never large but his thoughts helped cut the path for Truckingboards.
RIP Fred Acker aka Gutterbum

Yes the Freighthauler, my appologies, I also remember the board that you had to have your, or a RDM's name to log in, sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to disrespect Mr. Acker in any way, I know how important he was to you.

Yes the Freighthauler, my appologies, I also remember the board that you had to have your, or a RDM's name to log in, sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to disrespect Mr. Acker in any way, I know how important he was to you.
I remember that lol ,He was a good guy and very smart with computers, he helped me alot on website stuff. The World is not a better place without him.

I didn't mean to sound as if I thought you were disrespecting him, I know you weren't , alot of people get us mixed up on alot of things though and I want him to always get credit for the initial idea I used for Truckingboards even though we were always separate.

Thanks Woody!

Jeff, I didn't take it that way at all, I knew what you were saying, I'm just showing respect for Mr. Acker and acknowleging what you were saying, I'm pretty grateful to him, we all should be!