ABF | Vacation?

piker

TB Lurker
Credits
PENDING ratification, do we get our vacation back 6-1-2018 or 6'-1-2019, I'm getting ask this and I'm honestly not sure,any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GENTLEMEN!

PENDING ratification, do we get our vacation back 6-1-2018 or 6'-1-2019, I'm getting ask this and I'm honestly not sure,any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GENTLEMEN!

Depends on your anniversary date...

In general (look in your supplement)... for instance... if your anniversary date falls in March... you won't start earning... not getting... that vacation back until March of 2019... which means it won't be returning until around the end of 2019.

If your anniversary date in April 1st... you have already started earning your vacation back and will get it around November of this year. But if your anniversary date is March 31st... you won't start earning it back until March 31st of next year... which means you won't get it back until around the end of next year.

Depends on your anniversary date...

In general (look in your supplement)... for instance... if your anniversary date falls in March... you won't start earning... not getting... that vacation back until March of 2019... which means it won't be returning until around the end of 2019.

If your anniversary date in April 1st... you have already started earning your vacation back and will get it around November of this year. But if your anniversary date is March 31st... you won't start earning it back until March 31st of next year... which means you won't get it back until around the end of next year.
My seniority date is in mid March and my BA said I’ll get my week back on my seniority date in 2019. The rule is if you got to keep your vacation in 2013 then you won’t get it back until 2019. If you had to give it up in 2013 then you get it back if this contract passes. That’s just word of mouth and also is a central region supplement I’m referring to.

Ps. Didn’t ask about the 60% rule on it so I’m not sure if that works for this first year.

My seniority date is in mid March and my BA said I’ll get my week back on my seniority date in 2019. The rule is if you got to keep your vacation in 2013 then you won’t get it back until 2019. If you had to give it up in 2013 then you get it back if this contract passes. That’s just word of mouth and also is a central region supplement I’m referring to.

Ps. Didn’t ask about the 60% rule on it so I’m not sure if that works for this first year.

If I were you SAC75... I would get that in writing about you getting your week back on your seniority date in 2019... have it signed by the BA and then notarized because it states your anniversary date came under the 2013 contract and still subject to it's conditions which is one week loss of vacation. That means that come March of 2019... you will then be starting to earn that years vacation under this contract's vacation terms. So... once you have worked 60% past your March anniversary date... you will then have your week back... which will be around Oct. 2019.

They can make claims all they want to now and always say they interpreted wrong later which was the case many of times in the past. Just ask your BA that you want that in writing and notarized... then just watch his reaction and listen to what his reply will be.

I’m in the same boat as you SAC.... I’m 3/17

Why are you worried about vacations there is more important things than vacations just saying
Unless you are an automatic yes voter or a automatic no voter some Teamsters but not all would weigh the goods and the bads hopefully to formulate a decision. To me the vacation is fairly important. With 8 Teamster bankruptcies I had around 12 years of no vacation another 12 of 1 weeks vacation in 40 years. There is alot of us with similar stories. The Teamsters are far behind the rest of the U.S. My son works for a Utilities company actually just a subcontractor for them and at 9 years has 4 weeks vac. 10 sick days and 12 holidays. They appreciate and want to keep their workforce. It's very expensive to train new workers. As we've seen in this business sometimes they quit...hours ..low starting pay...layoffs. Some go to competitors and quite a few go look for a pin to pin job. 99% of my friends envy my medical benefits but kill me in time off. Corporate America has known that their would be driver shortage for 15-20 years but were resolute in not making this a better job. As far as this vacation language I now have about 10 different interpretations from both Union and Company.

Vacation is definitely part of the package. I was exhausted after a couple years of one less week of vacation (one week down from two). I can only imagine how you guys feel three years later.

Vacation is definitely part of the package. I was exhausted after a couple years of one less week of vacation (one week down from two). I can only imagine how you guys feel three years later.
Same here, LTL. I never got my second week before the 2013 contract went into effect. The last five years have been tough with only one week of vacation. I normally part it out to make some ‘long weekends’ but it pales in comparison to having an entire week off. I use my sick days and PH’s in the same manner.

Why are you worried about vacations there is more important things than vacations just saying
In western states clause you lose your vacation computation. You just get paid for 40 hrs of vacation vs 1/52 of year. Just in my case I will lose over 10,000 for life of contract. Now times that by its members Its an issue.

In western states clause you lose your vacation computation. You just get paid for 40 hrs of vacation vs 1/52 of year. Just in my case I will lose over 10,000 for life of contract. Now times that by its members Its an issue.
Where are you finding that at? It’s not listed anywhere I see in the western states supplement that has been posted. Maybe I missed it.

Where are you finding that at? It’s not listed anywhere I see in the western states supplement that has been posted. Maybe I missed it.
Article 50 of the western states supplemental it reads refer to master freight agreement for vacations the computation was taken out

Article 50 of the western states supplemental it reads refer to master freight agreement for vacations the computation was taken out
The computations don’t show because they only put out changed material. If it wasn’t changed it wouldn’t be on there. If it was stricken from the contract it would be on there with a line threw it.