SAIA | Vacations

hasbeenking

TB Regular
Credits
Since Saia has a different payroll start date,are you allowed to take a normal vacation starting with your reservations on Sunday through Saturday???Or do you have to follow the pay cycle?? any help on this really dumb question would be appreciated:hysterical:

Yes, you can take a normal Sun. thru Sat. vavation. As a matter of fact, when you request a week at a time, they put the first day as being on Sunday, even if your run is Mon. nite thru Fri. nite. Hope this makes since, because I've just confused myself.:duh: :poster_stupid:

Yes, you can take a normal Sun. thru Sat. vavation. As a matter of fact, when you request a week at a time, they put the first day as being on Sunday, even if your run is Mon. nite thru Fri. nite. Hope this makes since, because I've just confused myself.:duh: :poster_stupid:

The pay period is from Thursday to Wednesday. A Monday thru Friday vacation puts your vacation time into two different pay periods. I've found this useful since full time hourly got paid 8 hours per day vacation pay. It meant since normally a work week would be around 50+ hours and the family budget is built around that, it helped to lessen the financial effect.

Since going linehaul I'm uncertain how that works in terms of pay rate.

Linehaul rate of pay for vacation is based on your previous years earnings. 5 days vac equals 1/52 of previous years earnings. If you made $52,000 last year, you would get $1,000wk for vacation, or $200 per day, or $25hr. Line haul comes out good as far as vacation pay goes. Mine is about $32hr.