SAIA | vacations

tired & hungry

TB Lurker
Credits
time to sign up for vacations .
Can anyone tell me why they have to go in so early? It used to be December that was easy to work with
But October is just nuts how can you pick when you want to be off before you can find out what your family and friends are planning .
Come on Saia fix this please.

Last edited:
I submit one week for the last week of december...then it gets approved...i hit the unsubmit button....i do it every yr...lol

Because they make you schedule a full week on the first go around you put the full week in and later on you withdraw it and use it when you want . My terminal only has 6 line drivers we work with each other to get the days off that we want

I once put in my notice in October for the following February for a cruise me and the hubby had booked. It got approved, tickets (non refundable) were purchased. Week before the cruise TM withdraws the approval and says "sorry." That was a pretty expensive sorry. So my opinion was that the whole process is a sham.

I once put in my notice in October for the following February for a cruise me and the hubby had booked. It got approved, tickets (non refundable) were purchased. Week before the cruise TM withdraws the approval and says "sorry." That was a pretty expensive sorry. So my opinion was that the whole process is a sham.

With all the bad stuff that happened to you at Saia. Why did you stay so long.

I don't think you have ever written anything even remotely positive.

With all the bad stuff that happened to you at Saia. Why did you stay so long.

I don't think you have ever written anything even remotely positive.

Easy answer, it's a great job. Question is: why the need to troll our board? I came here after 20 years with former employer. Still a lot of mixed feelings. But this ain't the place my friend. Good luck, sincerely.

I keep my approvals ( save the email notice) and take my vacations even if I run out of days.

Because they make you schedule a full week on the first go around you put the full week in and later on you withdraw it and use it when you want . My terminal only has 6 line drivers we work with each other to get the days off that we want
you don't have to put in all your weeks.

Jack knife makes a great point. Keep a paper trail and documentation.

On another note, Saia is a good company. Does it have its flaws? Sure, what company doesn't? Saia was a good stepping stone for me to get me to where I am today. For that I am grateful. I don't owe Saia and Saia doesn't owe me. I'm fine with that. Be safe out there drivers...

BIG BUCK, are you a Doe ???

Last edited:
Yes I am female. But I enjoy hunting big deer. Been doing it all my life. I wanted my "handle" to be bigbuckhunter but it got rejected. So I shortened it